PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed after hidious night!

Webster
11-28-2002, 06:24 AM
I went through what must be poker hell yesterday. I am normally a very even tempered player and understand bad beats, losing to bad players and so forth.

However - yesterday - playing short handed was a nighmare. I would Raise with MAJOR cards pre-flop and lose lose lose.

After a point I actually started dreading MAJOR over card. I would raise 99 and a guy would have TT, I'd raise with QQ and a guy would have KK.

NOW - the question is this. I just kept playing thinking my luck would change. I would take breaks and re-evaluate but frankly raising with pocket pairs and MAJOR and some MINOR overcards seems like the only thing to do.

DO I continue to lose? Quit for the day? Play through it?

Monday and Tuesday I won $600 in 10 hours play. WAY ABOVE standard fluctuation (for 2-4, 3-6 short) Wednesday I lost about $370 in 7 hours.

Was it just the poker gods paying a visit? I think I have a leak with MAJOR Overcards and rags. I would bet to get people to fold, however, they were gypsies and just kept calling until THEY hit!!!

AAAAGH!

I'm a very stable, level headed player but last night was the 1st time in a long time I went to bed troubled!

mike l.
11-28-2002, 11:05 PM
while painful, what you described does not sound like poker hell to me.

however it does sound exactly like every single shorthanded online session ive ever played.

Webster
12-02-2002, 08:23 AM
Since that post I've MORE then made my money back after a 100 BB loss. I've only played 30,000 hands so I wxpect it'll happen again. UPON FURTHER REVIEW I found a couple leaks along with the never ending bad beats!! GO FIGURE!! LOL