PDA

View Full Version : Taguchi

Warren Whitmore
11-28-2002, 06:21 AM
I ran a taguchi style design of experiment recently and I am sharing the results with you. I would like to have used more that one person (victim?) but I am the only guinea pig so these results may or may not be of any use to anyone else.

(1)Alcohol: 1 to 3 beers improved performance slightly.
>3 to <6 cut my profits by 0.5BB per hour.
>6 beers made me a losing player, lost 2 BB/hour
(2)Smoking a good quality joint:cut profits by .5BB/hour not in the same way as drinking 3 to 6 beers though, the beers caused me to play too much like a mainiac the joint too much like a rock.
(3)#of players in game<5:Made no difference for stud or hi low split. Got killed in texas & Omaha. No more short handed play in those games for me until I smarten up a bit.
(4)#of stone killers in game:Break even point 67% any more than that and my win rate declines at .1BB per percentage point. As I am a 1 bb per hour player this translates to losing at 78%.
(5)Time of day:Best 4am to 6am then 10pm to midnight. I think the games probably continued to be good short handed after midnight but as I stink at them I don't know. The hours of 10am to 6pm were to toughest.
All of the other variables did not yield statisticaly significant results. I realize I dident learn anything that everyone dosent already know but I figured I would share it anyway.

Have fun

Ray Zee
11-28-2002, 08:29 AM
interesting but results were obvious. but to get enough hours in to make them significant you must now be a total alky and pot head. time for rehab:)

the one to three beers seems to help some people to get more aggressive yet they can still think clearly. a player named goody, that i used to play alot of high stakes no limit with, was only a good player until he had a few drinks. then he became a champion player who would beat the best. it took those drinks for him to get aggressive enough to put the heat to the game.

snakehead
11-28-2002, 12:40 PM
Have fun

some people have too much fun.

Warren Whitmore
11-29-2002, 04:03 AM
20 data points for each run. 4 runs. sessions 5 hours in lengh. Only 4 joints over the course of a year. But your right about the three different levels of beer.

Warren Whitmore
11-29-2002, 04:04 AM
"too much of a good thing is terrific" May West.