PDA

View Full Version : flopped flush

JimmyJazz1
05-11-2005, 11:04 PM
What is hero's action and plan for rest of the hand?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($369.08)
MP ($468)
CO ($311.6)
Button ($142.1)
SB ($883.3)
Hero ($400)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $4, Button calls $4, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($16) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, CO calls $15, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: ($46) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $35</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $70</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero?

Jonny
05-11-2005, 11:28 PM
tough spot to be in.

I think I would probably call down.

If the board pairs I throw out a small to medium blocking bet.

If not, fold to his push on the river if the board does not pair.

Call a resonalbe river bet here.

phil_ivey_fan
05-11-2005, 11:32 PM
you worried about him having a higher flush? If he did, I think he'd be more likely to call your turn bet and pop it on the river.

So figuring he doesn't have the flush, I'd call and lead into him on the river. Then dpending on the type of player he is and your table image you can either value bet the river or over bet it.

TheWorstPlayer
05-12-2005, 12:26 AM
Had you seen him open limp in LP before? I can't see any hand with a high club in it that he would do that with. Maybe K/images/graemlins/club.gifKx if he is tricky? And if he doesn't have the nuts, I would expect him to raise more than the minimum to protect his hand in case you have the K/images/graemlins/club.gif. I don't think it is likely at all that you are behind here.

creedofhubris
05-12-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
tough spot to be in.

I think I would probably call down.

If the board pairs I throw out a small to medium blocking bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the board pairs I would surrender and not pay any more money, there is no way you are ahead.

As for this situation: yuck. Call, block bet the river unless it's another club or pairs the board (check/fold to real bet).