PDA

View Full Version : MLBTV

New001
05-11-2005, 10:27 PM
I'm trying to watch a game that's already been completed, and it won't let me watch it through any media player except for the little web page. Normally when I watch a game live, it lets me put it through Realplayer. Any idea why it's not letting me, and what to do to fix it?

Thanks.

Thythe
05-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Hmmm, I just opened an archived game and it opens the little web page. I then hit full screen and get the full screen mode for Windows Media Player. Is there no full screen button for the Real Player version? Maybe try hitting preferences and changing it to WMP and see if you can get a full screen version that way?

Aytumious
05-11-2005, 10:34 PM
For me, I am always forced to start with the game in the mini popup window. If you have it set to play in realplayer, I believe you can just right click on the screen and choose 'play in realplayer.' Then you can simply close the popup window.

New001
05-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Full screen mode works, but I just want to resize the window a little bit.

Thythe
05-11-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Full screen mode works, but I just want to resize the window a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I haven't figured out at all how to just resize the window on MLBTV. I've either had to pick the small window or full screen. If I figure it out I'll let you know.

ceyoung
05-11-2005, 10:43 PM
no need to watch the game if you're and A's fan...

New001
05-11-2005, 10:44 PM
If you right click on "preferences" during a live game, you can send the video into Realplayer or Windows Media, but the option to do it isn't there (that I can find) for finished games.

New001
05-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I saw highlights of the last inning, I was actually trying to load up the Marlins-Astros game because Dontrelle Willis is just too damn awesome.

Aytumious
05-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Apparently Realplayer can only be used for the live feed. Here are the instructions from the mlb website on how to play it in windows media player.

1. Right-click on the media player functions in the MLB.com Media Player and select Properties.
2. In the File tab, to the right of Location, you will find the URL. Copy the entire URL.
3. Then, launch your Windows Media Player from your Start menu.
4. In the Windows Media Player, pull down the File menu and select Open URL.
5. Paste the URL into the URL value box and click OK.

This needs to performed quickly or else the authentication will time out. Playing the game in the stand alone player is useful for resizing the picture to the size of your choice. To resize the picture, simply click and drag the corner of the media player.

New001
05-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Good find, thanks. I'll try it out.

Edit: Worked just fine. Thanks a lot.

Aytumious
05-11-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good find, thanks. I'll try it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

It frustrated the hell out of me that I could only watch games in the provided mini window or fullscreen, so I am more than happy to share what I found.