PDA

View Full Version : If you have your SSHE book..

RacersEdge
05-11-2005, 10:05 PM
you might want to follow along.

In River Play Quiz #5, p 303, they talk about checking behind Ak UI as the standard play agianst most opponents. The one exception talked about on p304 was the player who goes to the river with any pair and folds to a bet on the river UI.

In this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=222 8784&Forum=,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,&Words=&Searchpage= 4&Limit=25&Main=2228784&Search=true&where=&Name=75 16&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&older type=&bodyprev=#Post2228784), I thoughth that player was more prevalent than I now believe. Obviously as mentioned in SSHE, a very bad playing line, but very profitable for the observant player.

So how prevalent is this type of player in your opinion?

Etric
05-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Perhaps I am not an "observant" enough player, but I've never seen that style of player.

Harv72b
05-11-2005, 10:52 PM
I've seen a few loose/passives who make a habit of calling to the river & then folding to another bet there, although I can't say if they're folding pairs or busted draws. I believe that there are also some good players who will call a flop & turn bet with an underpair vs. a PFR, but fold to the river bet assuming that he wouldn't bet with just A high.

The problem is that none of these players can be counted on to fold every time you bet the river, so it becomes yet another variable to factor in to your equations when considering whether or not to bet the river. There are also a fair number of opponents against whom a river bet with AK UI is a value bet.

RacersEdge
05-11-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe that there are also some good players who will call a flop & turn bet with an underpair vs. a PFR, but fold to the river bet assuming that he wouldn't bet with just A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing there though is the odds he would usually be getting on the river to call one bet would make it a bad play to fold unless he knew the bettor perfectly.