PDA

View Full Version : Help me buy some DVDs

MEbenhoe
05-11-2005, 09:34 PM
In 1/2 hr to an hour I'm gonna go to the store and buy some movies.

Definitely on the List:

Life Aquatic

Possible others:
Karate Kid
Memento*
The Last Emperor
Requiem for a Dream*

*means I havent seen this movie but its been strongly recommended to me

Any other suggestions? Comments on the ones I'm already thinking of getting?

wacki
05-11-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely on the List:

Life Aquatic

Possible others:
Karate Kid
Memento*
The Last Emperor
Requiem for a Dream*

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I don't think any of my recommendations will do you any good.

Thythe
05-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Royal Tenenbaums if you liked The Life Aquatic. Looking over to my collection some of my favorites are Bourne Identity/Supremacy, Fight Club, The Fugitive, Goodfellas, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Kill Bill I/II, LA Confidential, Silence of the Lambs, The Usual Suspects. Yes...I alphabetize my DVDs...

touchfaith
05-11-2005, 09:56 PM
I think Life Aquadic is going to be one of those movies that are 1/2 the price in < a month...

I picked up some semi-obscures last night...

Trial of a Serial Killer (Michael Madsen, Chris Penn)
Taken (Dabney Coleman, Stewart Bick, Dennis Boutsikaris)
The Gate

Think I spent maybe 17 bucks... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

youngndumb
05-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Dont buy requiem, def should rent it but not really a movie your gonna wanna watch repeatedly. Very hard to watch but also a very good movie.

touchfaith
05-11-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Royal Tenenbaums if you liked The Life Aquatic. Looking over to my collection some of my favorites are Bourne Identity/Supremacy, Fight Club, The Fugitive, Goodfellas, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Kill Bill I/II, LA Confidential, Silence of the Lambs, The Usual Suspects. Yes...I alphabetize my DVDs...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good taste /images/graemlins/smile.gif have them all except LA Confidential and Indy...

Finally found The Hitcher a couple weeks back

Unbreakable is another good one.

Blarg
05-11-2005, 10:07 PM
I've never understood the asking random strangers questions that can only have random and therefore pretty useless answers.

Now, if you had said something that told us about your taste, we could give less than totally random and probably useless responses. Like, "Oh, you like horror or you like sci-fi, eh? Check this out..."

As it is, you're only asking people to name some movies they like off the top of their heads. That's the same thing you'd get by closing your eyes and spinning around three times in the aisle of a video store.

MEbenhoe
05-11-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Life Aquadic is going to be one of those movies that are 1/2 the price in < a month...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care, I loved this movie.

MEbenhoe
05-11-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

As it is, you're only asking people to name some movies they like off the top of their heads. That's the same thing you'd get by closing your eyes and spinning around three times in the aisle of a video store.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh that sounds fun, remind me to try that one.

Thythe
05-11-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's the same thing you'd get by closing your eyes and spinning around three times in the aisle of a video store.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Popinjay
05-11-2005, 10:17 PM
I just bought Donnie Darko and it was a pretty good movie. Tae Guk Gi is supposed to be an incredible war movie if you're into that

LoaferGee12
05-11-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it and saw one of the funniest movies in my life in Shark Attack 3: Megallodon.

thatpfunk
05-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Don't buy Memento. After you have seen it a few times i gets boring and unwatchable.

Kudos on the Life Aquatic purchase, great movie.

Blarg
05-11-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You already did.

MEbenhoe
05-11-2005, 11:35 PM
For anyone who cares I decided to purchase:

Life Aquatic
The Karate Kid Collection
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.

buying DVDs is fun

Willluck
05-12-2005, 01:57 AM
Essentials: