PDA

View Full Version : PPT Again: Same kind of Stuff!

Vincent Lepore
05-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Took another trip to the Mirage to check out the PPT second day. Got there with 46 players left. Man it was boring! Watching a poker tournament is, yes just like watching paint dry, oil paint!

So to take a break from all of the slow pace stuff I did something exciting! I walked through the Poker room. The PPT, believe it or not is being held in the Sports Book. The sports book, what's up with that? They took out a bunch of chairs and put in Poker Tables. It's not bad, though. The great thing about it is that there are a couple of featured tables and they are being shown on the big Wide Screens that are used for the various sports broadcasts. The crowd got lucky today. James Woods, Dan Harrington and Lane Flack were all at the featured table. More about Harrington later, the sneak!

Anyway, there I was walking through the Poker room and bing, bam, boom, Sklansky! David Sklansy! No Mr. Sklansky wasn't there. He makes me call him Mr. Sklansky now because of all the trouble I've caused on this forum and because his son is fed up with me. So, I have to call him Mr. Sklanksy. That's ok, it's his name he can do as he pleases with his name but I don't appreciate having to call his son, Junior. I mean he's not a Junior. His first name is Mat for cryin out loud. How do you get Junior out of that?
I think what Mr. Sklansky is referring to with the Junior thing has to do with the Noble thread on the WPT forum. You see, Mr Sklansky senior, not David's father, David himself, won the Noble Prize for Physics once. When he was thirteen, I think. Anyway since his son Junior is "like father like son", Mr. Sklansy believes that one day he too will win a Noble prize. Not for Physics though. For Peace! I guess with all the peace making he does up here on 2 + 2 forums Junior qualifies for the Noble Peace prize. Cool, like father like son is O.K with me.

Excuse me, sometimes I get sidetracked. Well, like I said Mr Sklansky wasn't there. No, what I saw was this paper with results of the $1,000 buy-in No limit Holdem Tournament held on 9 May, a few days ago. 6th place - David Sklansky - $10,439 (It says David on the paper, that's why I said David and not Mr. Sklansky. I hope that's ok I hope the IRS doesn't read this although I think he files.) Wow, he's winning everything now! I liked it better when he didn't know anything about Tournaments like Caro and others used to say. O.K Caro might not have said that but probably would have. Hey, I gotta move on. Congrads MR. SKLANSKY! Don't forget Mason's piece.

Well, like I said the tournament was boring. When I got there I noticed that Dan Harrington wasn't in so I figured he must have been knocked out yesterday or early today.

One table had Ted Forest, Mike Laine, Antoinio and Brad Daugherty in the 1-4 seats. On another table Marcel Luske (I like him a lot), David Levi, Lyle Berman and Calos M. were lined up like bulls waiting to mate. Another table had Keller and Judah, I didn't know the other guys. Oops, there goes Judah.

That brings us to the featured table. The table where Harrington was playing. Didn't you just say that Harrington was out, you ask? Yes, he was, the sneak. Well, as I found out from a female spectator standing next to me, it wasn't Harrington that got knocked out it was his hat! Yes, he sneaked in without his Beantown Cap today. How could he do that? The world must be reminded at every opportunity that the Boston Red Sox won the World Series. Yes, they did. It might of been that he wanted to look pretty for the camera being on the featured table and all. He is pretty without his hat. All bald men are pretty if you ask me. They have a certain flair and look good on TV. I still don't like the Red Sox slight though. Sitting accross from him was James woods. Layne Flack was to his right with Jack McClelland next to him.

Sorry guys, but the only hand I got to see was when Judah got knocekd out and before I could read the cards the dealer scooped them up. I looked around for a few more minutes. Jennifer Tilly was nowhere in sight. Sigh. Maybe cause Laak was gone. That was enough for me, I decided to leave.

I walked out of the poker room but before I left I saw the last 16 of todays Pot Limit Omaha event fighting it out. Ron Rose was there with Andy Bloch was to his left. O'neil Londgrin had some chips. A young kid from Irelaand had a few chips. I don't know why but he got up from his cahir came up to me and started to expalin that he had never played Omaha before and just hoped he made 9th place and the money. I never met this kid before in my life. It was a bit wierd. But the highlight of the day was there sitting at the other table was none other than Sam Grizzle. I couldn't believe it after jus having made a comment about him in another thread. I stared at him and he looked my way so I smiled a "Good luck Sam!" smile to him. That made my day so I left.

Tomorrow the final six play.

Vince

Vince

Phat Mack
05-12-2005, 03:39 AM
Two excellent reports, Vince...errr... Mr. Lepore!

Vincent Lepore
05-12-2005, 05:33 AM
Thank you PHAT! I love that name.

Vince

Travis
05-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Good reports Vince, though you lost me for a bit in paragraph three buts thats ok.

Vincent Lepore
05-13-2005, 01:28 AM
Paragraph 3, yeah you had to be there.

Vince