PDA

View Full Version : Party 400 nl mid set on draw heavy board

stlcards3
05-11-2005, 09:08 PM
don't have the hand history but i think i have it all down perfectly. 2/4nl 6 max at party. 2nd hand at the table so absolutely no reads. I limp with black 5s utg, 5 total to see a flop of 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG bets 12, 1 fold to me and i make it 30. One call and it comes back to original raiser who pushes for about 150 more. I have him covered, what's my play?

Big_Jim
05-11-2005, 09:31 PM
This is a real tough one with no reads.

Stack sizes???

Since UTG is short stacked, I assume he's a boner and isn't any good. Boner is likely to be pushing an overpair or maybe even two pair (45). Maybe fool's AA?

Cold caller has me worried, though. What was his position?

What hands can cold call this raise? With no read, I put him on a flush draw, maybe with a straight draw. I think the straight or set of 8s re-raises here.

If you only have UTG covered by a little bit, I definately push here, and hope that cold caller comes along for the ride, giving you 2-1 to fill up.

If stacks are much deeper, I think I still push, thinking that cold-caller is likely drawing.

If they show you the straight... PAIR THE BOARD.

Jonny
05-11-2005, 11:31 PM
yeah i agree, just push.

warlockjd
05-12-2005, 04:21 AM
Either push or call to try to suck in the coldcaller.

Board is too draw heavy to just call, so push.

Do NOT fold this hand!

PokerGodess
05-12-2005, 04:46 AM
Sorry you lost the hand but this is an easy push. The villains range of hands is huge. At the table I would put him on AdJd at best, but since youre posting this I bet you ran into 67s and missed your boat draw.

stlcards3
05-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Like most of you said, I pushed and to my surpise was called by MP who i also had barely covered. Turn was the A /images/graemlins/club.gif followed by the 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the river. SB shows...8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif-j /images/graemlins/heart.gif! and MP shows 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif-K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for rivered straight, but i feel good about the hand looking back at it.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-12-2005, 10:03 AM
you should have raised more on the flop.

anyways, yeah, push when its back to you.