PDA

View Full Version : The MOST important PT stat in real time play.

grimel
05-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Upon further review, the single biggest leak I have is playing "too long". I'll be waaaaaay up (say 2-3x my buy-in). And slowly, but surely I'll give most of it back finishing up "only" 25-50%.

How does this happen? First I do NOT want to "stop when I'm ahead" and waste a good thing. Using PT to review individual sessions. As the session progresses I get up and start playing more and more hands pushing my VP$IP up and up. I lose any semblence of "respect" for the other players at the table.

SO, I use the PT stats with mine displayed. If my VP$IP starts to rise over 25% I tighten up or change tables. This has helped at PP a bunch.

olavfo
05-11-2005, 09:10 PM
I've found that multitabling for more than about 1.5 hours at a time makes me considerably less sharp and focused.

I've started playing 60-90 minute sessions with half an hour breaks in between. That works well.

olavfo

RockPile
05-11-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've found that multitabling for more than about 1.5 hours at a time makes me considerably less sharp and focused.

I've started playing 60-90 minute sessions with half an hour breaks in between. That works well.

olavfo

[/ QUOTE ]

but is that sitting at the same tables or do you find yourself jumping around alot?

ArturiusX
05-11-2005, 10:28 PM
I usually jump [censored] when the fish jump ship. I'm usually always scouting for good tables, I think its more EV than staying at crappy ones, but doing a constant 4 table.