PDA

View Full Version : Learning O8...quick question

Leaky Game
05-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Silly question....why didn't I split the high since I had a 6 also? Converter apparently doesn't support O8...you get the jist anyway. The villian was holding 7,7,6,3 and got the high with a straight 6 to 10...which is what I had, no? You can use two different cards for the high and low, right?

Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, CO folds, UTG folds.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot:

hotbacon
05-11-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Silly question....why didn't I split the high since I had a 6 also? Converter apparently doesn't support O8...you get the jist anyway. The villian was holding 7,7,6,3 and got the high with a straight 6 to 10...which is what I had, no? You can use two different cards for the high and low, right?

Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, CO folds, UTG folds.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot:

[/ QUOTE ]
You have to use two and exactly two cards from your hand. So, you used the 6 and 4 in your hand and the 5,7, and 8 from the board for an 8 straight. Your opponent uses 6 and 7 from his hand and the 8,9, and 10 on board for a 10 high straight.

beset7
05-11-2005, 09:46 PM
you have to use exactly two cards from your hand for both the high and the low. e.g. flop AAA88. You have 8765. You do not have a full house. You have AAA87 for your best high hand.

Ribbo
05-12-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you have to use exactly two cards from your hand for both the high and the low. e.g. flop AAA88. You have 8765. You do not have a full house. You have AAA87 for your best high hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL hope I get to sit in your games sometime. Try again.

Vern
05-12-2005, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Now I am confused because I don't see what he missed. What would be his best high hand if not AAA87?

Ironman
05-12-2005, 08:38 AM
Vern,

See the post above. There are straights there. The villian just happens to have a higher one.

Dave

Vern
05-12-2005, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Vern,

See the post above. There are straights there. The villian just happens to have a higher one.

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw that, but Ribbo's post made it sounds like the AAA87 as the best hand on the offered board and holding was not the best hand in that situation. I am still relatively new to O8B, so I admit I get confused easily.

PokerProdigy
05-12-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
which is what I had, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You had 4,5,6,7,8. If this was hold'em then you'd be allowed to ONLY use one hole card which would give you a 6,7,8,9,10 but in Omaha you have to use exactly two hole cards.

bodie
05-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Vern,

Look at all the hands - how many Aces do you see? The hand you are referring to as the best hand isn't even present.

MortalWombat
05-12-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Vern,

Look at all the hands - how many Aces do you see? The hand you are referring to as the best hand isn't even present.

[/ QUOTE ]I think there is some confusion going on here that doesn't need to be so.

beset7 originally said:
"e.g. flop AAA88. You have 8765. You do not have a full house. You have AAA87 for your best high hand."

This is a correct statement. Your best high hand is indeed AAA87 (as opposed to having a full house). He did not say the best high hand is AAA87 (the best high hand possible would be AAAAx for anyone holding Ax).

Matt Ruff
05-12-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you come sit in my game? Because he's right.

-- M. Ruff

Ribbo
05-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Board of 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif with 8765 in hand and you think he has AAA87 too? *cough*

Mr_J
05-15-2005, 04:45 PM
The confusion was ribbo thought beset was talking about the hand &amp; board in the original post when he wasn't. Beset was just providing an example to illustrate the fact that you always need 2 from your hand and 3 from the board.

Bremen
05-15-2005, 06:37 PM
beset7 wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
e.g. flop AAA88. You have 8765.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ribbo wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
Board of 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif with 8765 in hand and you think he has AAA87 too? *cough*

[/ QUOTE ]
You've got the board wrong ribbo...