PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my dwindling bankroll?

Meatmaw
05-11-2005, 08:38 PM
I am getting killed on the Party 100s. I had a surge to 25% roi over 100 games, and am now down to about 1% ($500) profit over 500 games. It's been a steady decline with massive losses over the past two days. I'd like to ask for suggestions on improving my game. Since I used to 6-table, and currently 4-table, and I've only played 500, I know the obvious observation is that I went too fast too soon, so my thoughts are to drop to 1-tabling the 100s (versus multi-tabling and potentially dropping myself down to the 50s when I lose my 100s bankroll, which I would do regardless of whether I lose it 1-tabling or multi-).

Anyhow my thinking is this:

- I have learned a lot of the *principle* behind SGA, BUT have not gained the familiarity with proper push ranges in many generalizes situations.

- I am using a generalized excel sheet to reference stack size, blind levels, position to see what hand ranges are suggested for each of Ave, Loose, and Maniac BUT multi-tabling has reduce the time I have to find the ranges and ponder the specific situation to adjust the range accordingly (i.e. non-uniform opponent stacks, my table image, my opponents' images, my magic 8-ball)

- I am not paying much attention to my opponents' betting patterns.

- I am not playing before level 4 *at all* except for AA-QQ (strongly) and sometimes AK. I'm not sure if this is a bad thing, but being more observant of opponent tendencies may give me reason to call the 1.5 to 1 odds all in with JJ from a crazy lag fish who pushes anything.

These are my main reasons for dropping to 1-tabling. I appreciate suggestions to super-slow it and drop to the 50s, 30s, or lower, but my 'rule' has been to play each level while I have a banked profit of 10x the next level's buyin in (profit in this level + profit in all succeeding levels), dropping down when that is not the case. Aggressive and suffers from bouncing back and forth occasionally but it seems to have worked and been fun so far.

Can anyone offer any more advice in the form of possible glaring leaks or things to focus on or completely different opinions? Get the magic 8-ball 2.0?

freemoney
05-11-2005, 09:05 PM
learn how to play poker instead of having an excel sheet telling you what hands to push, you will never improve and thats so boring.

Nick M
05-11-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not playing before level 4 *at all* except for AA-QQ (strongly) and sometimes AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the only thing I disagree with. I'm not sure what site you are playing at but 4th round at PS is 50/100 and I am playing hands like AJ AQ KQs in position obviously before this round. Maybe not for a raise, but I'm defintely not folding AJo on the button if no one has raised. Maybe you're not taking full advantage of position, or oppurtunites?? You're folding suited connectors right. They are a serious ROI drain.

I would say drop down and rebuild.

personally I have always taken things slowly. Not sure how long you've been play SNGs, but I have only been doing it for like 3 4 months. It was tough to take it seriously at first. I came from playing live NL cash 1/2 5/5 5/10. But I had to stop traveling so much. So I tried to learn SNGs and build a roll. I started very small. 5.50s and then 11s all the way to 38s. Never played above my roll OR experience.

Like I said drop down and get your confidence back. Confidence is soooooo important in winning.

valenzuela
05-11-2005, 09:14 PM
I think u cant beat the 109s, sry.

Degen
05-11-2005, 09:18 PM
start limping with all PP's looking to spike a set.

Andre