PDA

View Full Version : Speeding

okayplayer
05-11-2005, 05:31 PM
2/4NL full ring, Villain has ~$565 and I have him covered.

Folded to me in CO with the speed limit and I raise to $16, Button (TAG, 11/5/3) calls. Flop ($38) is T /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and I bet $30 and Villain calls. Turn ($98) is 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif, and I bet $65 and Villain makes it $175...

I look into my notes and see that Villain will play big pairs (AA/KK) this way as well as a set. I had been picking up most pots uncontested by betting at them (and this was stated by another opponent previously...).

Your move?

flawless_victory
05-11-2005, 05:39 PM
allin.

radioheadfan
05-11-2005, 06:00 PM
How does he play his big pairs preflop? Does he tend to trap call with them or reraise them in position? If he tends to trap call with them, you're all in after his turn raise. If he tends to reraise them in position to a PF raiser, your play is to call him down.

It's all about the relative probabilities of his having a set vs an overpair (you also can't discount the chance he called you with connectors and spiked bottom two on that flop, but given his PT numbers, it seems less likely). If you think it's an overpair push and hope he calls (river card could spoil your action cuz of straight and flush possibilities). If you suspect a set, call down to minimize losses if he has you (remember the river card might even slow him down a little more if he puts you on a semibluff flush draw)

okayplayer
05-11-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How does he play his big pairs preflop? Does he tend to trap call with them or reraise them in position? If he tends to trap call with them, you're all in after his turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was this note that he played big pairs (AA/KK) the same way (flat calling PF and flop and raising turn), causing me to push. He quickly called and had TT. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Though, I had been discussing raising small to medium pairs with another 2+2er, and thought it was a good idea, but my one fear was running into set over set as I did here. When he raised, I had contemplated folding, but figured there was a decent chance I had him beat.

RoboRob
05-11-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
allin.

[/ QUOTE ]