PDA

View Full Version : Morbidly Depressed

SpearsBritney
05-11-2005, 05:24 PM
I usually try very hard to keep myself from bringing down the rest of society with my miserable attitude towards life. But sometimes I just can't help myself. I don't know why I feel so strongly about letting everyone around me know just how miserable I have become, but the urge is sometimes overwhelming. I guess what they say is true. Misery loves company. Or perhaps I am subconsciously hoping that someone might actually come up with a valid reason to continue existing. Or maybe I am just seeking attention. Who knows. The fact remains, LIFE SUCKS! It just doesn't seem worth it anymore. All the struggling, the striving, the searching for happiness and salvation that I ultimately realize does not exist. I feel like we have all been duped. That our lives don't actually belong to us, but instead to governments, corporations, and the elite. Suckered into an existance that is only about exploiting us for our uncanny ability to believe that if we work hard enough, one day happiness will be ours. Well, I don't buy it anymore. I have seen just about enough. The very same thing that gives you pleasure, will inevitably come around and bite you in the ass with it's equal and opposite share of pain, and that just doesn't seem worth it to me anymore. I would rather just not exist instead. Unfortunately I lack the courage to end this futile charade, and sometimes even foolishly convince myself that life is worth living, but it's only a matter of time before I once again realize the truth. We are told that life is a gift, but this is B.S. Another lie. Life is a burdon. A never-ending battle. We are all slaves traped within the confines of our own fearful minds. The only true salvation is death.

tdarko
05-11-2005, 05:26 PM
i am depressed from your avatar switching.

mantasm
http://www.radzone.org/jam/images/downer.jpg

jakethebake
See, everyone. I told you shawn_p was still around.

dr. klopek
05-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Oh for christ's sake, not this again...

Voltron87
05-11-2005, 05:27 PM
a few gems...

[ QUOTE ]
That our lives don't actually belong to us, but instead to governments, corporations, and the elite.

[/ QUOTE ]

BWWHAHAHWHAHAHWHAHAAAA

[ QUOTE ]
Life is a burdon. A never-ending battle. We are all slaves traped within the confines of our own fearful minds. The only true salvation is death.

[/ QUOTE ]

BWWHAHAHWHAHAHWHAHAAAA

tdarko
05-11-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a few gems...

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That our lives don't actually belong to us, but instead to governments, corporations, and the elite.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BWWHAHAHWHAHAHWHAHAAAA

Quote:

Life is a burdon. A never-ending battle. We are all slaves traped within the confines of our own fearful minds. The only true salvation is death.

BWWHAHAHWHAHAHWHAHAAAA

[/ QUOTE ]

you read it?

Voltron87
05-11-2005, 05:29 PM
skimmed.

Willluck
05-11-2005, 05:30 PM
This always makes me feel better.
http://www.hdw-inc.com/vidas4.jpg

rmarotti
05-11-2005, 05:31 PM
This thread sucks.

Jazza
i'll give you a serious response

i came to the conclusion a while ago that there's no real point to life, so i just do whatever feels good/makes me happy

i recomend excersizing every morning, it makes you feel better

tbach24
I have bipolar so I get really depressed a lot (not as much anymore). The best things to do are:

1. Get sunlight
2. Do something enjoyable in the sunlight like passing the football, frisbee, or haki sak (sp?).
3. Eat chocolate, I love chocolate
4. Drink juice, it's really tasty
5. Listen to catchy music like Modest Mouse
6. Hit the gym
7. DONT THINK SO MUCH!!!

Willluck
05-11-2005, 05:33 PM
You must realize all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream with the imagination of ourselves.

Google modern existentialism.

meep_42
05-11-2005, 05:34 PM
QLC

-d

TimM
"You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history."

rmarotti
[ QUOTE ]
QLC

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

SpearsBritney
05-11-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You must realize all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream with the imagination of ourselves.

Google modern existentialism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes I know all this. Doesn't help anymore. Understanding this is just another experience in the mind, which only brings temporary comfort.

tdarko
05-11-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Google Bill Hicks

[/ QUOTE ]
fixed it for ya.

Willluck
05-11-2005, 05:37 PM
well maybe you should start shooting heroin.

SpearsBritney
05-11-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop making me laugh. I'm trying to be miserable.

PokerGodess
05-11-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'll give you a serious response

i came to the conclusion a while ago that there's no real point to life, so i just do whatever feels good/makes me happy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why I wanted shawn to die but want you to be happy but above is the best advice anyone could give you. I am a devout utilitarian and would reccomend reading the works of John Stewart Mill and other similar philosophers. The meaning of life is to be happy and help others around you be happy and you can do whatever you want with your life.

If you feel that working for 'the man' is getting you down because everything thing that is corporate is tainted then become a teacher and improve the lives of children. Do you think that teachers sometimes could make children unhappy? Then become a little league coach. You don't like children? Then, what do you like. Find whatever makes you happy and do it... the persuit of happiness is meaning in itself, the world isn't any deeper than that.

Willluck
05-11-2005, 05:39 PM
I did steal it from Hicks but it is a modern existentialist point.

PokerGodess
05-11-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well maybe you should start shooting heroin.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good point. If it does come to the point that you want to pull a shawn_p, make sure that you do a lot of heroine before you kill yourself.

jakethebake
05-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Why is OOT suddenly attracting all these suicidal nutbars? Or is OOT making people that way? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

rmarotti
Maybe QLC is down for repairs?

theBruiser500
get excercise. take a long shower than lie in bed and go to sleep while eating ice cream and reading calvin and hobbes, cannot fail.

tbach24
[ QUOTE ]
Why is OOT suddenly attracting all these suicidal nutbars? Or is OOT making people that way? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps QLC is redirecting their members here?

SpearsBritney
05-11-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is OOT suddenly attracting all these suicidal nutbars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your posts are all I have left Jake. I love you man.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should direct them over to KWAZAR then.

rmarotti
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

purnell
05-11-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...searching for happiness...

[/ QUOTE ]

There's your trouble. Happiness does not come from outside your head. Choose to be happy, and lo, you are happy.

tbach24
05-11-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOO I JUST FINISHED MY BAG OF CHOCOLATE CHIPS /images/graemlins/frown.gif

gorie
05-11-2005, 05:48 PM
how old are you ?

i had a friend EXACTLY like you once... it sucked :\

just be happy, dangit.

SpearsBritney
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's your trouble. Happiness does not come from outside your head. Choose to be happy, and lo, you are happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if I get convicted for a crime I didn't commit, and find myself getting pounded in the ass by a 300 lb. black guy. Can I decide to ba happy at that point?

BusterStacks
Money will make you happy. For with it, all things are possible.

Also Calvin and Hobbes blows.

spamuell
05-11-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
get excercise. take a long shower than lie in bed and go to sleep while eating ice cream and reading calvin and hobbes, cannot fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to mention that the bed part isn't complete if your boyfriend isn't there first.

Willluck
05-11-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you have control at all times as to how you see the world.

BusterStacks
05-11-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if I get convicted for a crime I didn't commit, and find myself getting pounded in the ass by a 300 lb. black guy. Can I decide to ba happy at that point?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the sound of it, that would be more action than you're currently getting.

rmarotti
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

potd

PokerGodess
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the definition of happiness for Buster

rmarotti
05-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Press harder.

SpearsBritney
05-11-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you have control at all times as to how you see the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know.....

gorie
05-11-2005, 05:52 PM
do you have social anxiety problems ?

Willluck
05-11-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Press harder.

[/ QUOTE ]
ROTFLMAO nice loc. BTW

jakethebake
05-11-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is OOT suddenly attracting all these suicidal nutbars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your posts are all I have left Jake. I love you man.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif In that case, my advice is find a bar in your area with hot, nice barmaids and good, cheap beer. Always works for me. Unfortunately I'm working late tonight...damn earnings announcements.

SpearsBritney
05-11-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you have social anxiety problems ?

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes

TStoneMBD
05-11-2005, 05:59 PM
if you truly are badly depressed and have no options on how to get out of it, get out of the rut. go do something CRAZY. if you have some money in the bank, do something with it. go fly to hong kong. go play in a WPT. just do something. even if it means that when you get back you cant afford to eat, do it anyway. worry later.

if you are upset with life, ask yourself, "if you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?" then go there.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
05-11-2005, 06:00 PM
your avatar is giving me seizures.

PokerGodess
05-11-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you truly are badly depressed and have no options on how to get out of it, get out of the rut. go do something CRAZY. if you have some money in the bank, do something with it. go fly to hong kong. go play in a WPT. just do something. even if it means that when you get back you cant afford to eat, do it anyway. worry later.

if you are upset with life, ask yourself, "if you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?" then go there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great advice. And thats the advantage of your lifestyle MBD, no school or job to worry about - when you hit a rut you can go to hawaii (and pay for your trip on your laptop while in the airport)

Klepton
05-11-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

Willluck
05-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Sounds like only a temporary solution to a problem that seems to have deep roots. What's he gonna do when he gets back? be more depressed?

Stork
05-11-2005, 06:05 PM
You're trying too hard.

tdarko
05-11-2005, 06:06 PM
i wasn't being a dick...just happy that i knew what you were talking about. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TStoneMBD
05-11-2005, 06:11 PM
i dont know. this isnt like advice i read in a book or anything, and its not something i would suggest without the subject thinking it through thoroughly. however, its very possible that getting out of a rut and living a dream that you always wanted to live, but never thought would happen, could change the way you appreciate life.

Blarg
05-11-2005, 06:13 PM
No point in craving death. You'll get there eventually anyway, without question. No point rushing it.

So in the meantime, make what you can of what you've got. It's just as ridiculous not to make the best of what you've got as it is to pretend what you've got is any better than it is. So don't let yourself get stunned stupid with insight. Even the Buddha after he became enlightened still had to deal with the same ole shyt every day. There's never a point at which everything will be solved and life will just be a nice long slide into a sweet puffy cloud. Too bad, really, but so what? Get on with it, like everyone else. Fool yourself less than lots of other people do, if you can stand it, but don't expect everyone to join your parade. Do the deep down no bullshyt honest best you can with with what you've got, don't indulge your inner weenie or throw tantrums, don't take the state of the universe personally, and don't expect from people or the universe what they are not capable of giving, and you'll be getting the best deal you can get.

Don't expect more of any of it than it is, and don't overlook a single good thing, ever, because that's lying to yourself and being a deluded phony just as much as anything else ever could be. It's even worse than being falsely optimistic or purposely self-deluding, because a clear-eyed, honest person should know better than anyone how precious every last little good thing is, and how high a rank the continual miracle of good things in life really deserves. Let your insight clarify you, not stun you stupid.

Or to put it all simply, as the Buddhists say, Chop wood, carry water.

Willluck
05-11-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wasn't being a dick...just happy that i knew what you were talking about. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I know, I actually misquote him: "Today a young man on acid realizes all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciosness experimenting itself self-subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream with the imagination of ourselves...Here's Tom with the weather"

Mars357
05-11-2005, 06:16 PM
I'll give you the same advice I give every who ever boohooed to me that they felt life was soooo pointless and they just felt like dieing....

If you are going to kill youself, quit moaning about life and do it.

If you are only "talking" about killing yourself to get attention, grow up, stop listening to The Cure, get off your ass, and live your life.

Jesus what is it with people and the suicide card? Worse yet, why whould you think anyone on an internet message board gives a [censored] if your life is sooooooo miserable you just can't bare to live it?

Pull the trigger if life is that bad... we'll all be forgoten (more or less) 20 years after they put us in the ground anyway... so does it really matter? Either way, I don't give a [censored]!

Mars

SpearsBritney
05-11-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No point in craving death. You'll get there eventually anyway, without question. No point rushing it.

So in the meantime, make what you can of what you've got. It's just as ridiculous not to make the best of what you've got as it is to pretend what you've got is any better than it is. So don't let yourself get stunned stupid with insight. Even the Buddha after he became enlightened still had to deal with the same ole shyt every day. There's never a point at which everything will be solved and life will just be a nice long slide into a sweet puffy cloud. Too bad, really, but so what? Get on with it, like everyone else. Fool yourself less than lots of other people do, if you can stand it, but don't expect everyone to join your parade. Do the deep down no bullshyt honest best you can with with what you've got, don't indulge your inner weenie or throw tantrums, don't take the state of the universe personally, and don't expect from people or the universe what they are not capable of giving, and you'll be getting the best deal you can get.

Don't expect more of any of it than it is, and don't overlook a single good thing, ever, because that's lying to yourself and being a deluded phony just as much as anything else ever could be. It's even worse than being falsely optimistic or purposely self-deluding, because a clear-eyed, honest person should know better than anyone how precious every last little good thing is, and how high a rank the continual miracle of good things in life really deserves. Let your insight clarify you, not stun you stupid.

Or to put it all simply, as the Buddhists say, Chop wood, carry water.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fuk are you ever smart. Excellent advice. Thank You.

Supersetoy
05-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Well, since no one else has said it here:

Be a man and end your life if it's that bad. Obviously if you don't have the guts to do it, it can't be that bad.

But seriously. Think about it. Because reading your BS, you're just a typical "waste of space" and obviously mean very little to people around you. More than likely 4 or 5 people will cry when you pass away, they'll miss you for 3-5 years and then forget about you.

RacersEdge
05-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Read one of the books written by these guys held as prisoners living in horrible conditions. They figure out how to rise above their situation by changing the perspective in their minds. That's the difference between humans and animals - people can change their mindset - animals only know their current conditions.

Jazza
05-11-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus what is it with people and the suicide card? Worse yet, why whould you think anyone on an internet message board gives a [censored] if your life is sooooooo miserable you just can't bare to live it?

[/ QUOTE ]

speak for yourself, i do care about other people

disjunction
05-11-2005, 06:27 PM
Best response out of the ones I read. Don't be afraid to see a psychologist if it gets too bad.

You have to understand -- we're not logical creatures. The biochemical nature of your depression comes first, and the rationalization follows from that. Your depressing thoughts may be all true, but if all your neurotransmitters were in equilibrium you'd think less about that and more about "I can't wait to cook dinner...".

SpearsBritney
05-11-2005, 06:28 PM
I don't listen to the Cure, but I probably was just seeking attention.

If I had a gun I am almost certain I would have done it by now. Everything else just seems so uncertain.

It's not that I think anyone would give a [censored]. It's almost as if something inside me wants to bring everyone else to the "dark side". Kinda like Agent Smith

TStoneMBD
05-11-2005, 06:31 PM
stop being a bitch then. like i said, if you are going to blow your brains out, go do something crazy first. you might change your mind.

tbach24
05-11-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Best response out of the ones I read. Don't be afraid to see a psychologist if it gets too bad.

You have to understand -- we're not logical creatures. The biochemical nature of your depression comes first, and the rationalization follows from that. Your depressing thoughts may be all true, but if all your neurotransmitters were in equilibrium you'd think less about that and more about "I can't wait to cook dinner...".

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for recognizing my post.

But seriously, I think this is important for the OP to understand. Unlike all that mumbo jumbo crap that the "live your life how you want it, just be happy", you really just need to understand that there may be something wrong with you. As soon as I accepted that there were things wrong with me and accepted them, I started living a better life. So, first do what I said, then if that doesn't work go hit up a psychologist. If he's a douche, go find another one. I went through 8 before I found one that I liked. If nothing else, it will be a great conversation that you will look forward to every week.

gorie
05-11-2005, 06:39 PM
i know what it is like to have social issues and how easily you can feel "stuck" in a bad place and like you have no control over making your life better. i don't know if that is some part of what you are going through, but maybe you should try some counceling if you haven't already. that stuff scare me, but it does help some people.

anyway, appreciate happy people. try to let some of it rub off on you. and just stop thinking so much about dumb stuff that doesn't matter !!! life doesn't have to be perfect, you make it too complicated. the more you focus on your problems and the less you do anything about them, obviously the worse you are going to feel ! there has to be some things in life you enjoy. if not, find some.

also, lives, and perspective, can change.

there is nothing more depressing than trying to convince someone their life is worth living. best wishes !

Willluck
05-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Sounds like you are caught up in a spiral of negative energy, you should seek help.

Greenthumb
05-11-2005, 06:47 PM
i was depressed until i read how depressed you are, now im high spirited and about to get a slice fronted. anyway, its nice to see some deep content amongst all these movie and tv and hot chick polls(although i didlove Ms OOT). yeah i know i never post and am anonymous but thats my [censored] opinion anyway.

Love,
Greenthumb

purnell
05-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Yup.

Stuey
05-11-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why I wanted shawn to die but want you to be happy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why but I want the same. Your ok in my books if that doesn't push you over the edge nothing will.

Hold a baby in your arms, baby animals work also.

You don't have a gun so why not hurt yourself another way. Exercise till you die. I'm not joking go try to run yourself to death. Do it everyday, you will out live us all.

edit : I don't want shawn to die. You'll get her back bro!

wonderwes
05-11-2005, 10:00 PM
You be surprised how moving from where you live sometimes can be the best change for your life. How/where/why is what you can figure out. If you are not going to move, at least travel some. I have never been across the ocean, so I know there is a lot to still see & do in this short thing we call a lifespan.

Of all the people that suggested exercise, its an excellent recommendation. The daily physical workouts to keep your body in prime shape will have a positive effect, no matter what.

Personally my worst fear is having a 8-5 job where I live in a cubical city where I am just another worker employee at some corporation. I could probably only put with that for so long before I would lose it.

And if that all fails, I will suggest it first, roll up a J, spark one, and you'll at least be put in a better mood.

Aytumious
05-11-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually try very hard to keep myself from bringing down the rest of society with my miserable attitude towards life. But sometimes I just can't help myself. I don't know why I feel so strongly about letting everyone around me know just how miserable I have become, but the urge is sometimes overwhelming. I guess what they say is true. Misery loves company. Or perhaps I am subconsciously hoping that someone might actually come up with a valid reason to continue existing. Or maybe I am just seeking attention. Who knows. The fact remains, LIFE SUCKS! It just doesn't seem worth it anymore. All the struggling, the striving, the searching for happiness and salvation that I ultimately realize does not exist. I feel like we have all been duped. That our lives don't actually belong to us, but instead to governments, corporations, and the elite. Suckered into an existance that is only about exploiting us for our uncanny ability to believe that if we work hard enough, one day happiness will be ours. Well, I don't buy it anymore. I have seen just about enough. The very same thing that gives you pleasure, will inevitably come around and bite you in the ass with it's equal and opposite share of pain, and that just doesn't seem worth it to me anymore. I would rather just not exist instead. Unfortunately I lack the courage to end this futile charade, and sometimes even foolishly convince myself that life is worth living, but it's only a matter of time before I once again realize the truth. We are told that life is a gift, but this is B.S. Another lie. Life is a burdon. A never-ending battle. We are all slaves traped within the confines of our own fearful minds. The only true salvation is death.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really should see a doctor soon. Antidepressants are most likely in your future.

stanky
05-11-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately I lack the courage to end this futile charade

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll end it for ya.

-Pete

SpearsBritney
05-11-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll end it for ya.

-Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've got a pretty good buzz going right now, so no thoughts of death at the moment. But I'll probably take you up on that tomorrow morning. How do you wanna do it?

TStoneMBD
05-11-2005, 11:24 PM
how above shoving that [censored] toothbrush down your throat?

stanky
05-11-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll end it for ya.

-Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've got a pretty good buzz going right now, so no thoughts of death at the moment. But I'll probably take you up on that tomorrow morning. How do you wanna do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomorrow's no good for me can you hold off till the weekend.

-Pete

SpearsBritney
05-11-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how above shoving that [censored] toothbrush down your throat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you like shoving things of Phil Hellmuth down your throat, but I'll pass.

SpearsBritney
05-11-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll end it for ya.

-Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lasted this long, havn't I?

ThaSaltCracka
05-11-2005, 11:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/ThaSaltCracka/tpfart.jpg

stanky
05-11-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll end it for ya.

-Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lasted this long, havn't I?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay If you can get to Chicago Sunday I'll run you over with my car(don't worry it's a piece of [censored])and then bury you in a corn field or something.

-Pete

WSUchica
05-12-2005, 02:07 AM
If you are seriously this depressed you should seek professional help. I have a very good friend that I met at work about 2 years ago who used to text message me at random times in the night and he would say things like "I will never forget you" "Don't cry for me when I'm gone" I was very concerned and tried talking to him about it...but he always just said that he was fine, he was just kidding, things like that. About two months ago I got a phonecall while I was down at school that he hung himself. Under no circumstances do I think it is EVER a way out to end your life, and while you are claiming you wouldn't have the guts to do it I still think you should seriously consider talking to a professional, because whether you are just at a rough point in your life or you are clinically depressed they will be able to help you. The saddest part about what happened with my friend was that when his 9 year old brother found him hanging from his bedroom ceiling, my friend had his hands stuck between his neck and the rope. He was trying to free himself, and from what I have heard, it is very common that people who have tried committing suicide to want more than anything to live after they realize what they have just done. I think suicide is a selfish and not thought-out escape. Sorry if I drew this post out too much, especially if you were exaggerating, but I don't find funny to joke about suicide and I truely hope whatever you were so upset about turns out for you.

zephed56
05-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Cheer up man. Your life may be dark now but it will brighten up.

Be like the squirrel.

jason_t
05-12-2005, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cheer up man. Your life may be dark now but it will brighten up.

Be like the squirrel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. Nice reference. I like it. I'm putting that on now.