PDA

View Full Version : Man I hate signing up for PL SNGs accidentally (LC)

jeffraider
05-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Postflop play is for suckers and what do you mean I can't push?!?!?!

Newt_Buggs
05-11-2005, 05:19 PM
I've played over a 1,000 SnGs and the one time that I ever signed up for a game other than NL holdem i immediatly noticed and left long before the game started. I've heard a lot of other people have this problem though and I don't really understand how you accidently sign up for a SnG that doesn't say "NL holdem"

Voltron87
05-11-2005, 05:23 PM
I signed up for a limit 22 once... uggghhh the most boring 4 hours of my life. It ended when I got my aces cracked. I would have had 4K chips but nooo, we're playing limit here and you can't force someone out.

jeffraider
05-11-2005, 05:26 PM
It was one of those frantic PARTY JUST STARTED THREE NEW NL SNGS SIGN UP SIGN UP SIGN UP rushes and I accidently snagged a PL one.

I changed my mind about PL SNGs because I managed to win the one I played so they're good now and I'm a postflop expert so feel free to just ask me anything about postflop play or being a stud in general.

DasLeben
05-11-2005, 05:48 PM
When I first started 4-tabling I accidentally signed up for a PL SNG and didn't notice until Level 4. When I tried to ramp up my aggression like usual, I couldn't figure out why the slider wouldn't let me go all-in. Whoops. I still took 3rd in that tourney if I recall though.

jeffraider
05-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Yeah I completely forgot until I "pushed" A2o for 350 instead of 500 from the button and got a call from the BB. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I managed to catch a deuce though and that was good enough to put my last 150 in and the BB folded.

Nick M
05-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Someone needs to invent an autosigner. You start the signer and give it a limit on games and a max on total games played. every time you close a game it signs you up for another one, until your total is complete.

I signed up for a 5+.50 last night instead of a 15+1 turbo. I couldn't figure out why it was taking so damn long hahhaa. Then after I finished a set of 10 I went to input my results and saw a win of 27 bucks. I was like, "27 bucks what the hell is this???!!" hahaha I played the whole tourn and won and didn't even know I was in the wrong type. pfffff.
The funniest part of the whole thing was on the bubble I remember i was pushing like every other hand with blinds 100/200 and an ante, thinking, "these guys are so damn weak, they keep folding, the blinds are going to be 200 400 in like 30 seconds." like 7 minutes later, I'm still pushing and the blinds are the same. Had no clue what was going on. hahahahaa.

ChrisCo
05-11-2005, 07:05 PM
It once took me until level 3 to notice I was playing a 50+5 limit holdem tourney. I usually play super tight early on and it wasn't until level 3 that I actually had to make a decision. Playing 7 other tables didn't help either

Nick M
05-11-2005, 07:11 PM
that's funny hhaha. You go to make a raise and they give you one choice...no type box.

___SK___
05-11-2005, 07:15 PM
this one time in band camp

dmmikkel
05-11-2005, 07:15 PM
I once started a 55 Limit SNG and didn't notice until it was level4 when I tried to push and couldn't find the slidebar

MSUcougar
05-11-2005, 07:55 PM
I play the party Super Weekday MTTs every once in awhile, but not too often cuz they're at the upper edge of my bankroll limit...

I once signed up for the Wednesday one without paying attention and got over a half hour into it before I noticed it was a LIMIT tournament. I spent the first half hour confused as to why nobody was busting out, and I wasn't getting any good cards so I hadn't had to make a betting decision yet.

God I felt like a dumbass... and it had to be a $150+12 tourney that happened on instead of a $30+3 or something /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Freudian
05-11-2005, 07:59 PM
It's worse when you on the first hand realize you have four hidden cards, realize you aren't that familiar with the rules of Omaha Hi/Lo and quickly has to google for the rules.

J-Lo
05-11-2005, 08:38 PM
lets see... when i was playing the $20+2's, i signed up for a $215 took 6th.

Signed up for a $30+3 PLO8 tourney, took 1st.. that is all

AceofSpades
05-11-2005, 08:59 PM
I accidentally signed up for a limit hi/lo omaha once. I placed second just because I didn't know what hand to risk all my chips with, and the others got knocked out before me. Let the blinds take me....

Newt_Buggs
05-11-2005, 09:42 PM
6 months ago I accidently signed up for $5.50 limit MTT on UB not realizing it wasn't no-limit. That was the first time I had EVER played limit and I finshed 2nd /images/graemlins/grin.gif ($200 prize for $5 buy in wasn't bad at all). The play was absolutely horrible though-mostly maniacs in the beginning and ALL weak tight pansies at the end of the tourney