PDA

View Full Version : What hands are you pushing here?

theordinaryboy
05-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Prima level 3 rounder (step)

1-4 goes to level 4
5th gets a level 2 freeroll

6 players left blinds 75/150

player 1 has 2500
player 2 has 700
player 3 has 4000
player 4 has 900
player 5 has 5000
Hero has 900

Prima has 12 minute blind rounds so the games are significantly different to party with the push/fold mentality.

what hands do u push

a) as sb
b) as button
c) as co to utg (separate these further if you so wish)

reads on players are player 2 had been v.tight and seemed willing to hope to hang in as long as possible. None of the big stacks had been overly aggressive except for player 3 who had raised 3 out of the last four times when utg.

DasLeben
05-11-2005, 05:45 PM
a) Folded to me, any two (assuming BB has some sort of decent calling range).
b) I'd push a lot of hands here. Any pair, Ax, Kx, Qx, connectors, etc. It really depends on calling ranges.
c) Considering the blinds, UTG I'm pushing AT+, 77+ (and even that may be too tight, I dunno). CO I'm pushing Ax, Kx, Q8+, any pair.

Those are the ranges that popped to my mind. They might be too tight or too loose, but it's hard to give specifics without being in the game.

theordinaryboy
05-11-2005, 06:04 PM
That does seem very loose IMO were not playing for first here were playing for fourth. The usual aggressive bubble play may not be the best strategy.

In a party sng its ok to be aggressive on the bubble because you are playing for first but here your not.

DasLeben
05-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Oh, that's very true. I hadn't thought of that. Let me revise my list and get back to this.