PDA

View Full Version : Neteller, have you ever won?

FMMonty
05-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Was just transfering money, and as usual entered in all the weekly/monthly cash giveaways. I've entered these so many times I've forgotton. Must of put at least a million points through them.

I was wondering has anyone here ever won anything?

skoal2k4
05-11-2005, 04:48 PM
click here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2370014&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

TGoldman
05-11-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NETeller reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel Contests at any time, without reason, or notice.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have the suspicion that NETeller cancelled the contests a long time ago while reserving the right not to tell anyone!

Voltron87
05-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Other than these contests is there any use at all for the Netpoints?

TGoldman
05-11-2005, 05:12 PM
I'm bored so I sent NETeller the below email...

[ QUOTE ]
Term 6 of the Official Rules and Regulations of the NETeller Cash Giveaway Rules states, “A listing of all Winners will be placed on the NETeller website. The Winners Initials, City and State of residence is all that will be shown in order to protect the privacy of the Winner.” I cannot find this list anywhere on your site. Could you please provide me with the URL?

[/ QUOTE ]
Awaiting a response...

sublime
05-11-2005, 05:24 PM
i would liek to see the email they send back.

a few points.

they stopped offering these contests at one point, then started them up again. seems odd if they never intended to actually hold a raffle to begine with. that being said, i dont know anybody who has won. if somebody has, they should provide us with details.

beernutz
05-11-2005, 05:57 PM
You can stop waiting. I asked live chat at Neteller about it recently and was told they no longer post the winners, they just send them an email.

So it is anybody's guess if they are really even holding the giveaways any longer.
[ QUOTE ]
I'm bored so I sent NETeller the below email...

[ QUOTE ]
Term 6 of the Official Rules and Regulations of the NETeller Cash Giveaway Rules states, “A listing of all Winners will be placed on the NETeller website. The Winners Initials, City and State of residence is all that will be shown in order to protect the privacy of the Winner.” I cannot find this list anywhere on your site. Could you please provide me with the URL?

[/ QUOTE ]
Awaiting a response...

[/ QUOTE ]

GrannyMae
05-11-2005, 06:00 PM
i have 1.7 million points now. i used to burn them out until they suspended the contests. i'll bet i would have 4 million + if i had saved them from start.

why NETeller does not make them worth something is beyond me. hell, they could open a little store and vastly overcharge but still we would spend them. 100k points for a free P2P xfer, 500k points for a deck of cards.. *something*

then again, NETeller's first project should be to get the visa/MC logo debit card launched, then worry about a NETeller points store.

tripdad
05-11-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
click here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2370014&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

all i did was answer the OP's question. i never said I won, just that yes, someone has won before. for the record, i have never personally won it, and personally know of noone who has. i do think i'll win it this week, though.

ni han!

NiceCatch
05-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Why would they give us something for our points (something that would cost them money), when right now they give us NOTHING for our points?

Anyways, maybe there's a giveaway, maybe there isn't. It's not like we're paying for a ticket. Neteller's transactions are mostly free. Clearly entering the giveaway is +EV.

GrannyMae
05-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Why would they give us something for our points (something that would cost them money), when right now they give us NOTHING for our points?

because people have a choice of web-wallets to use, and there will be even more options created this year.

NiceCatch
05-11-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
because people have a choice of web-wallets to use, and there will be even more options created this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
As a disclaimer, I do not work for Neteller, or have any relationship with them other than they are my ewallet of choice.

Most of the other ewallets I've used, or thought about using, charge fees to deposit money into them from one's bank account. Neteller is free for the most part (I've never paid a cent to them). So if another free ewallet comes out, then great. But in the mean time, people are complaining about not getting more free stuff from them. C'mon, be realistic.

GrannyMae
05-11-2005, 08:06 PM
i applaud you for using NETeller free of charge to this point. however, i have paid them a small fortune in fees. willingly paid, so i am not complaining.

i don't think i have ever done insta-cash from the site direct and paid the 8.9%, but i sure have paid a ton in atm charges, P2P xfers and check requests.

so, yes you can use the service for free. however, they make a ton on these incidental charges so i don't share the same views. don't get me wrong, i have NEVER been the type to expect freebies. i don't even bonus whore. however, i do pay NETeller lots of cash every year.