PDA

View Full Version : Mirage games & comp policy

Herb N.
11-27-2002, 01:38 PM
My sons are going to L.V. next Mo.They like to play low limit 7stud/8.Is it spred anyware on the strip?What is the Mirage's comp policy{for food}?What time do they issue comps? Thanks in advance.

Dynasty
11-27-2002, 01:50 PM
7 stud/8 is very difficult to find on the Strip. There are no regular games. I know the Monte Carlo occassionally gets a 1-5 game going on the weekends but it's hardly reliable.

The Mirage (and Bellagio) are horrible with their comps. You can get one comp per week good for a free buffet or $10 off at a specific restaurant or snack bar.

HDPM
11-27-2002, 02:01 PM
Might want to send them to the Orleans. Last time I was there a 4-8 or 5-10 stud 8 got going. But that is not usual or guaranteed. The players card comp system at Orleans is OK, you get a certain amount per hour. It's not huge, but it works and is a lot better than Mirage/ Bellagio.

budman
11-27-2002, 05:51 PM
The Mirage and Bellagio are very nice and their card rooms are run very well.

In my opinion, their room comps are terrific, but the rest of it might as well be nonexistent. I played there four days in a row for 6 - 12 hours each day. I asked about a comp on the third day, didn't get one, and I don't think the floor person handled it too well (I didn't get one).

Tell your sons to play there if they want to experience the poker rooms, but bring a little cash for their meals. The snack bar near the Bellagio poker room is excellent. Also, on previous trips I was able to get line passes at either poker room which allow you to get through a restaurant in a reasonable amount of time.