PDA

View Full Version : JJ

Eihli
05-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t680)
MP3 (t1220)
CO (t890)
Button (t760)
SB (t770)
Hero (t900)
UTG (t1095)
UTG+1 (t775)
MP1 (t910)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t15, MP3 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t100</font>, SB calls t90, Hero calls t85, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds.

Flop: (t342.50) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
Checked to button who auto-bet pots, SB folds, I push.

bluefeet
05-11-2005, 03:48 PM
i like it.

his 7xbb preflop raise with 3 already in and 2 more to act sure sounds like a small pair. i would also just call, gives you an out if the board has overs to your J with action from MP's or button.

his pot size bet also is more indicative of a smaller pair rather than missing on Ax - it would seem more likely he'd risk fewer chips on a continuation bet to see the turn.

likewise, if he hit his set, i would think the flop bet would be much smaller (if any at all), looking to check/raise. i would almost expect to see a push/overbet before a pot size bet. sometimes the overbet will smell funny to a top pair holding blind and get a loose call.

i say he has a pocket pair less than 9, and wants to take the pot down now!

push!

(pocket 5's?)

swarm
05-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Damned if you do Damned if you don't...

I hate JJ in these situations, 50/50 half the time you push your beat by AA,KK,QQ or AK of spades who hits his draw. Other half you double up, it's a tricky, tricky situation.

With three limpers in front a raise to 100 is pretty indictive of a pretty strong hand. Autobet pot flops to me are somewhat of a tell of a pretty strong hand as had many players to act in front of him to act when he selected the option.

Without a read on the player, I'm leaning twoard folding this one. AA,KK,QQ are very likely hand and they would bet pot to take improper odds away from the straight and flush draws. The pot bets invites a hand like 10,10 or JJ to push which is most likely playing into villan's hands.