PDA

View Full Version : pokertracker database setup

skoal2k4
05-11-2005, 02:37 PM
How do you guys/gals have your database setup on pokertracker? do you use just one database for every limit that you play? do you have one database for each limit? do you have a 6max database and a fullring database? right now, I have a database for each level and for 6max and fullring. I'm wondering if there's a more effecient way to set this up

crunchy1
05-11-2005, 03:05 PM
There's no reason that you can't have one database for all the games you play. PokerTracker provides excellent filtering ability to extract specific data based on different sites/limits that you might play at.

skoal2k4
05-11-2005, 03:10 PM
the filtering isn't an issue... speed is... I don't want gametime+ to have to sort through data that isn't relevant to the game that I'm playing

crunchy1
05-11-2005, 03:14 PM
If they (PT/GT+ developers) have their database indexes set-up correctly - and I can only assume that they do given the speed at which my decently large database currently operates at - I don't think this is really an issue.

crunchy1
05-11-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the filtering isn't an issue... speed is... I don't want gametime+ to have to sort through data that isn't relevant to the game that I'm playing

[/ QUOTE ]

However, what I could see being a problem is if you are playing several different limits/gametypes at the same time and the issues involved with GT+ having to connect to more than one database to handle that information.

skoal2k4
05-11-2005, 03:26 PM
right now, I have a database set up for each limit and type (6max and fullring). I did this for two reasons. One being that I autorate differently between 6max and fullring. Another is that I thought gametime would speed up the processing if it didn't have to sort through all the fullring players if I'm just playing 6max. Maybe I should just set up a fullring db and a 6max db?

crunchy1
05-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Interesting, I wasn't aware that you can have seperate auto-rate criteria for each seperate database. Is think automatically possible or are you manually importing the different rule sets and then only doing batch processing on your players?

skoal2k4
05-11-2005, 03:55 PM
you import them the first time and do the batch process... after that, the rules you imported for each db are automatically loaded as the default for that particular db, so you can auto-import and autorate as you go