PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 Flopped Trips

callydrias
05-11-2005, 02:30 PM
3/6 B&M game last night. Villain was fishy, but not too imaginative.

Preflop: Hero is BB w/ 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
lots of calls, Villain (SB) completes, Hero checks

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 players)
Villain checks, Hero bets, all call

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 players)
Villain bets, Hero raises, lots of folds, LP calls, more folds, Villain 3-bets, Hero calls, LP folds

After the 3-bet, I mutter something like, "85 good, huh?" and Villain just chuckles.

River: (14 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
Villain bets, Hero calls

Final Pot: 16BB

The question is whether or not to raise the river. I was certain Villain had an 8 given the way he had been playing in previous hands and with my kicker situation, I was preparing myself to fold to a river bet UI (although I probably would have made the crying call). He was playing pretty much any two cards from the blinds, so he certainly could have had 85, J8, or even JJ as he had failed to raise PF w/ high pocket pairs several times before. Is just calling here okay, or should I have risked another 3-bet and raised?

Results (in white):
<font color="white">Villain tables Q8 for trip 8's and MHIG</font>

brettbrettr
05-11-2005, 02:32 PM
I raise the river and call a 3-bet. Given your coffeehousing, and his unimaginitve play, he's not going to reraise with any hand that doesn't beat 8-5.

chief444
05-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Yes, raise the river. 8x is much more likely than J8 or 58 and I'm sure he'd play any 8 the same.