PDA

View Full Version : KK meeting resistance on Ace flop - good laydown?

theblitz
05-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($79.41)
SB ($53.35)
BB ($98.47)
UTG ($46.2)
MP ($43.9)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls $3.50.

Flop: ($9.75) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $25</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $39.75

No real stats available on villian though the table has been quite tight for 6-max.

Good fold?

jkkkk
05-11-2005, 01:57 PM
easy fold

kurto
05-11-2005, 02:51 PM
I think its a good fold, though I think a decent player might make that bet with any 2 cards.

You reraised someone. I tend to put reraisers on pocket pairs.

He would have to consider that you don't have an ace.

Furthermore, you bet half the pot when there's a flush draw on the board. Is that less then normal? I find a lot of people, when the flop has draws, play it faster. In this case, your 1/2 pot bet I think smells of weakness. I also wonder why he would overbet like this if he really put you on a pocket pair. (I don't think he can put you on a flush draw)

Can anyone else see this?

Though, I still think its a good fold. He's made it very expensive to put him to the test.

subzero
05-11-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, you bet half the pot when there's a flush draw on the board. Is that less then normal? I find a lot of people, when the flop has draws, play it faster. In this case, your 1/2 pot bet I think smells of weakness. I also wonder why he would overbet like this if he really put you on a pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I think a pot-sized bet on the flop would be better. I think he has AK or 99 because he's not afraid of the Ace on the board. I think it's a good fold.