PDA

View Full Version : 98s in an 8-way capped pf

DavidC
05-11-2005, 01:37 PM
How profitable is 98s in a capped pf that is 8-way?

Should I be trying to get into these types of situations.

Assume that the flop is going to be either 1 bet 6 ways or two to 4 bets 4 to 5 ways, that anyone calling the flop will call one to two bets on the turn, and that 1 to 2 players will call one to two bets on the river.

--Dave.

xxxxx
05-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Well, your implied odds suck. OTOH if you do hit your straight or flush, the guy who capped with pocket kings will raise all the way to the river. I would prefer to see the flop for 1SB and then get away from the hand, but you don't have a choice.

DavidC
05-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Makes sense. Your implied odds aren't that great, but with 8 players in there, I think you're being priced in quite well.

DavidC
05-11-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, your implied odds suck. OTOH if you do hit your straight or flush, the guy who capped with pocket kings will raise all the way to the river. I would prefer to see the flop for 1SB and then get away from the hand, but you don't have a choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious... Does this change at all with 76s or JTs?

--Dave.

crunchy1
05-11-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does this change at all with 76s or JTs?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it does it can't possibly be that significant.

Suited connectors are great multiway hands when you can see flops for cheap. The reason they're not great in capped pots is that you're putting too much money in to hope to catch a favorable flop. Furthermore, your hand is so weak that a significant amount of the times you hit your hand you'll end up being second best.

I want to play suited connectors in loose/passive games where I can see a flop for cheap, get away from a miss cheap and yet get paid off by the loose callers when I hit.

There's no way I'm calling 4 cold with 89s - regardless of how many players are in the pot (unless of course it's a 2+2 table!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif)