PDA

View Full Version : Finding Good Tables on PP

YM2K58
05-11-2005, 01:00 PM
I am constantly looking for loose, passive tables with little PFR and fairly large average pot sizes. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do this effectively?

irishpint
05-11-2005, 01:03 PM
seems like this is asked often. i usually sort by average $ pot. That indicates (usually) loose players donating money. However be warned that after a few rotations those loose gooses are often out and replaced by other vultures, like yourself.

ALSO- and this is for EVERYONE
Can I stress how important it is to use your buddy list? Why play against new people when you can search for the same fish over and over? It's kinda like catch and release....

Isura
05-11-2005, 01:11 PM
If only I could figure out how to merge my buddy lists from the 3 skins I play on. Too lazy to manually do it every day..

Delphin
05-11-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am constantly looking for loose, passive tables with little PFR and fairly large average pot sizes. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do this effectively?

[/ QUOTE ]

I put everyone who is 50+ VPIP and passive on my buddy list and search my buddy list everytime. Then I look for full tables with medium sized pot sizes. I avoid the highest pot size tables because they attract too many TAAs.

matt42s
05-11-2005, 08:10 PM
why use the buddy list? ticking the boxes hurts. use notepad!
If you want to get tricky, write an access query based on Avg vp$ip > 0.5, played hands > 50 - copy the results to Excel, massage into a csv and paste into the PP search.

webgator
05-11-2005, 08:12 PM
I was wondering the same thing myself...thanks for posting this.

I found myself picking tables with Ave pot size between $6 and $8. Then I would open the table and see what the players bankrolls were and how they were playing. My PT stats don't have enough hands or players yet so this is about the only way I could go about it. Seemed to work ok for me.

Malachii
05-11-2005, 08:14 PM
3 seperate party accounts? Do you transfer money into the same bank account with them? I'm trying to get a friend to make me a second account and I'm not sure how the fund transfering is going to work.

UncleSalty
05-11-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why use the buddy list? ticking the boxes hurts. use notepad!
If you want to get tricky, write an access query based on Avg vp$ip > 0.5, played hands > 50 - copy the results to Excel, massage into a csv and paste into the PP search.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is genius.

YM2K58
05-12-2005, 05:30 AM
Thanks! I started thinking along those lines after the first response.

bottomset
05-12-2005, 11:17 AM
if you are playing .5/1 9out 10 tables are good tables

if you are playing 1/2 full, 8out 10 are good

get used to playing a variety of conditions

DMBFan23
05-12-2005, 11:18 AM
the only table I don't prefer is a very loose palyer 1 or 2 seats to my left

bozlax
05-12-2005, 11:28 AM
I...uh, I mean, my "friend," yeah, that's the ticket...plays Party, Empire and PokerNow, funding all 3 from the same ePassporte account. I...er, I mean, he...maybe she...just opened a separate bank account to link to an iGMPay account and try to use that as a funding source (to ease access to actual cash). If he (yeah, I'm getting the hang of this, now!) has trouble using the iGMPay source with all 3, the plan is to shuffle funds through one skin for cashout into the iGMPay account, and use the ePassporte account on the other 2.

My ($hi7, I mean his) research indicates that only Netteller has any mechanism for checking to match up your funding account with your playing account.

bozlax
05-12-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to get tricky, write an access query

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't have Access (most versions of Office don't include it these days), and don't want to screw around with one of the SQL query engines available, just go to the "Summary" tab in PT, and dump the player list to Excel. A little bit of manual reordering and cutting, and you're there...no programming necessary!

Edit: I just figured out how to use the filtering function in Excel. That was fast! 326 "Buddies" (VPIP>50, hands>50) out of 14,000+ possibles!

bozlax
05-12-2005, 11:37 AM
My experience is that I waste a lot of time trying to find a "good" table, only to have it turn into a "bad" table pretty quickly after I sit down. But, if I just open 4 tables and start playing, at least 2 of them turn out to be pretty good, and I just cycle out any that aren't so good after a couple of orbits (to make sure). And I find that using this method the pretty good tables I find (VPIP 38-45 most days) don't degrade as quickly as the super-good ones. 'Course, I'm only playing .5/1...I expect to have to do a little more due dilligence when I move up.