PDA

View Full Version : Preflop Problem - AJs Get Capped

StellarWind
05-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Hero is cutoff in a 4-handed game and raises with AJs. TAG button 3-bets and SB folds. Very loose/passive BB with 2 PFRs in well over 100 hands caps. Hero folds.

Bonus question: suppose instead that BB had folded. Should I cap? Whatever you do how will you play when the flop is rag-rag-rag rainbow?

7ontheline
05-11-2005, 12:24 PM
I definitely cap vs. a TAG in the blinds if BB folds and bet the flop. After that, I suppose it depends on the action. I'm pretty sure I would call a c/r and peel one off with the big pot to see what the turn brought.

emonrad87
05-11-2005, 12:30 PM
I wouldnt fold here. I would call and look for a strong hand like trip jacks or a flush draw, and prceed with caution with top pair. I think with this three way youve got good enough value to stay in here.

wheelz
05-11-2005, 12:30 PM
I used to just call, but I've begun capping a lot more recently. It seems after I do, my opponents usually peel one on a blank flop then give up after I bet on the turn. This may just be because they know me and my capping standards used to be pretty strict... but I think capping in a situation like this, had BB folded, is great. It lets you get a really good idea of where you are in the hand... not many people try to push someone off their hand after they've capped preflop.

So yeah I just keep betting if the flop is all rags.