PDA

View Full Version : Correct Pushes?

Eevee
05-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Lately I'v been questioning some of my pushes. Probly cus of some -variance i hit, but nonetheless, it cant be bad to reevaluate my play. Do these look good?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t625)
Hero (t1575)
SB (t655)
BB (t5145)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t450

and this

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t625)
Hero (t2025)
Button (t505)
SB (t4845)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

-EV

Current Music: BackStreet Boys - I Want it That Way

Eevee
05-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Only thing that bothered me was that there were 2 short stacks, and i was not in position to raise only to them. I would be stealin from the chip leader.

-EV

Nottom
05-11-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Current Music: BackStreet Boys - I Want it That Way

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry.

Scuba Chuck
05-11-2005, 01:10 PM
I see why you're posting. You'll have to decide if you're playing for first or not. I know those shorty's make you feel much more hesitant about pushing, but if you raise, and I'm the monster stack, and it's folded to me, I'm pushing allin for sure (with any two). So I think raising is a poor option.

Back to your question at hand, I think your AJ hand is much easier to play. And I think the A9 hand is also easy. Your most likely callers are the SB in both hands.

Eevee
05-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Backstreet Boys = ++EV

-EV

Current Music: BackStreet Boys - Everybody

Eevee
05-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Hmm yeah, I see what your saying, but how much do you think your aggression factor + big stack's looser calling standards work into this? I was reading this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2224781&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp; o=&amp;vc=1)
and it got me thinking...Granted, this is 55 and not a 215, and im not expecting OPP to call with K7, but his calling range might be larger due to above reasons. And what if instead of A9, i had T9. Would it ever be a situation where the OPP(big stack) and I both lose equity IF he calls with something like K7?

-EV

PS: Am i making sense?

Eevee
05-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Also please comment on my new avatar.Peace

-EV

Scuba Chuck
05-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Well, you have a choice. You can either sit back and wait to get ITM, or you can play for first. IN both of those examples you have two boneheads who are likely just trying to outlast the other guy. If you join in this game, you will be just as likely to scrape into 2nd or third as the other two. If you're fine with that, then wait.

You should think about this situation, as it comes up much more common than you think. You need to decide what is the "correct" play. There is no single answer as it will depend on big stacks calling standards. I'm sure you can use math to narrow your HR down.

Personally, I don't care to "wait" to get in the money here. You have a strong hand, weild it.

Nottom
05-11-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-EV

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're a girl.

Maulik
05-11-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-EV

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its an asian thing. when i get bubble tea i think i get that same avatar on my bubble tea top

Eevee
05-11-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm a guy. "holla" (raptor517).

-EV

PS. I am just practicing my citation skills cus I have a paper due s00n.

Current Music: Fabolous - Young'g (Holla Back)

Maulik
05-11-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a guy. "holla" (raptor517).

-EV

PS. I am just practicing my citation skills cus I have a paper due s00n.

Current Music: Fabolous - Young'g (Holla Back)

[/ QUOTE ]

are you asian?

Current Music: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man

momma told me

Eevee
05-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Your bubble tea is sponsored by Pokemon? Mmmm Bubble Teaaaa.....Mmmm Pokemonnnnn....

-EV

Eevee
05-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Your momma told you I was asian? Woot. Woot.

-EV

Maulik
05-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It will help you some sunny day.
Take your time... don’t live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
Go find a woman and you’ll find love,
And don’t forget son,
There is someone up above.

lynyrd skynyrd - simple man

dfscott
05-11-2005, 02:54 PM
I can't comment since the music selection is so terrible that it prevents me from thinking coherently.

You sure have a wide variety of musical tastes...

kevstreet
05-11-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a huge southern rock guy, but this song is fantastic.

curtains
05-11-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, you have a choice. You can either sit back and wait to get ITM, or you can play for first. IN both of those examples you have two boneheads who are likely just trying to outlast the other guy. If you join in this game, you will be just as likely to scrape into 2nd or third as the other two. If you're fine with that, then wait.

You should think about this situation, as it comes up much more common than you think. You need to decide what is the "correct" play. There is no single answer as it will depend on big stacks calling standards. I'm sure you can use math to narrow your HR down.

Personally, I don't care to "wait" to get in the money here. You have a strong hand, weild it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not so simple. Anyway if you think the BB will call with a wide range of hands, Im almost sure you should fold. I believe even if they are relatively tight you should fold.

The whole idea of playing for "first" is too simplistic for people who are trying to learn how to maximize their profits at poker. I don't even like to use the term "playing for first" in the context of a sit and go. It's stupid, we are playing to win as much money as possible, which often has us gambling to give ourselves a better chance at first.

(btw I was referring to the first hand, which turns out to most likely be a push according to eastbay's program, however it really does depend on the BB's calling standards.

Nottom
05-11-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a huge southern rock guy, but this song is fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a good song, the local rock station kept playing a cover of it by some band (Shinedown?) a few months ago. I had to change the channel every time it came on becasue it was terrible.