PDA

View Full Version : My 1st HH post

Rosencrantz1
05-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Since I'm on a Mac and play on Pokerroom, I had to clean up the HH myself. If anything seems off (as in someone folds one street then bets the next) let me know -- that's probably a typo.

It's very early -- maybe 2nd or 3rd hand. Villain has played every hand so far, but with only a couple to go on, that may not mean much.

PokerRoom $5+$.50 SnG
Blinds $10/$20

Seat 1: Hero [Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif,Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($1,490 in chips)
Seat 2: CO ($1,470 in chips)
Seat 3: Button ($1,355 in chips)
Seat 4: SB ($1,480 in chips)
Seat 5: BB ($1,540 in chips)
Seat 6: UTG ($2,390 in chips)
Seat 7: UTG+1 ($1,060 in chips)
Seat 8: MP1 ($1,630 in chips)
Seat 9: Villain ($1,460 in chips)
Seat 10: MP3 ($1,125 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
SB posts blind ($10), BB posts blind ($20).

PRE-FLOP
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $20, 1 fold, Villain calls $20, MP3 calls $20, Hero bets $80, 3 folds, BB calls $60, UTG+1 calls $60, Villain calls $60, MP3 calls $60.

FLOP [board cards 10/images/graemlins/spade.gif,10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ] (5 Players)
BB checks, UTG+1 bets $60, Villain calls $60, MP3 calls $60, Hero bets $200, 2 folds, Villain calls $140, MP3 calls $140.

TURN [7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] (3 Players)
Villain bets $1,180 and is all-in, 1fold, Hero…?.

NYCNative
05-11-2005, 08:16 AM
If the standard 4BB raise doesn't chase anyone away, you need to raise more pre-flop. Queens against four players (well, any hand against four players, but especially a hand like Queens) is tough to play and if an overcard comes up, may as well fold.

Even without one coming up, could an AT have stayed in here? I don't see why not if four other people are seeing the flop, someone could have played a Ten. They couldn't all have slick or smaller pocket pairs. Hell, a case could be made for the last one in the pool to call even with soemthing like a JT or even T9s given the pot odds of so many players in the fray.

Your raise after the flop didn't do any damage either and it was smooth called by TWO players. Ouch. My guess is one of them had a ten and the other had a pocket pair and was in the same boat you were.

Easy laydown after the river all-in.

lutefisk
05-11-2005, 09:13 AM
2 callers on the flop bet scares me crazy. I think you have to believe that at least one of them is right, and be happy that this happened early, and your stack is huge relative to the blind size. You've got lots of time to find a better spot to throw your stack in the middle.

Anybody out there think this is a call?

"Only after the 10th punch will you see the fist, and only after the 20th will you block it." --Proverb from the game of Go

Rosencrantz1
05-11-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If the standard 4BB raise doesn't chase anyone away, you need to raise more pre-flop.

Your raise after the flop didn't do any damage either and it was smooth called by TWO players. Ouch. My guess is one of them had a ten and the other had a pocket pair and was in the same boat you were.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point is well taken, but of course with only a couple hands having been played, I didn't have a good idea if a 4BB raise PF or, then, the 10BB raise on the flop would push out overs or low pairs.

I was nervous about someone having a 10, but given how passively everyone had played pre-flop (and even post flop) I wasn't really putting anyone on aces or kings (or even, really, AK although I suppose that was more likely).

I did fold to the push, but later watched the villain in this hand showdown ATC again and again -- 68o, Ax off, etc. I obviously didn't have that much info on him when this hand was played. Curious, though, if anyone pushes on this hand IF you had known how loose villain is?

NYCNative
05-11-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your point is well taken, but of course with only a couple hands having been played, I didn't have a good idea if a 4BB raise PF or, then, the 10BB raise on the flop would push out overs or low pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]I can dig you not knowing the table. My experience in $5 SNGs is that it takes a LOT to get most players off a hand. They see paint and they think they got it made. It takes big raises at those levels to get people to go away and they play small pocket pairs like you would play Kings. Now you know.[ QUOTE ]
Curious, though, if anyone pushes on this hand IF you had known how loose villain is?

[/ QUOTE ]I push a LOT harder, actually, pre-flop. After that you have to play carefully because of that looseness. That's inherent at that level as far as I see.

Rosencrantz1
05-11-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I can dig you not knowing the table. My experience in $5 SNGs is that it takes a LOT to get most players off a hand. They see paint and they think they got it made. It takes big raises at those levels to get people to go away and they play small pocket pairs like you would play Kings. Now you know.[ QUOTE ]
Curious, though, if anyone pushes on this hand IF you had known how loose villain is?

[/ QUOTE ]I push a LOT harder, actually, pre-flop. After that you have to play carefully because of that looseness. That's inherent at that level as far as I see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent! Thanks for the input.