PDA

View Full Version : KK trying to limit losses.

TripleH68
05-11-2005, 07:21 AM
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB is solid TAG. MP1 is 35/8/3.5. BB usual passive.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds...

Good escape or is SB just figuring me for overcards? Did I miss a raise on the flop?

cmwck
05-11-2005, 07:46 AM
I can't see him having a 7 unless he called PF with 77 or A7s

I'm really curious as to why you didnt raise the flop, especially with MP1 yet to act behind you.

@bsolute_luck
05-11-2005, 08:13 AM
i think he's betting trips or 2pair not the straight- would a "solid TAG" call a raise from SB with T7 or 75, even suited based on reads that could be stretch?

i think i would have taken a shot on the flop and see what happens.

Athelas
05-11-2005, 08:16 AM
You should probably have raised on flop and lead out on turn, if you get raised then you're probably beat.

kenberman
05-11-2005, 08:39 AM
I usually raise this flop.

I'm also not folding this turn.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-11-2005, 08:43 AM
if you were waiting till the turn to raise, then sure.

but i'd raise this flop like 90% of the time.

KaiShin
05-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Even if I was last to act, I'd still raise here. I don't think the turn fold is good at all the way you played it.

lionhorse
05-11-2005, 09:20 AM
I'd play on, SB could be chasing a flush draw, and the pot is decent. I'd also raise the flop.

mvoss
05-11-2005, 09:39 AM
(In the dark)

I'd definitely raise the flop here. I wouldn't throw this hand away on the turn. SB could very well be holding something like A9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

car ramrod
05-11-2005, 10:05 AM
If sb is a tag, I would assume he has 2 diamonds, not a 7.
I would have raised the flop, but seeing as you didn't I would raise the turn.

SB probably figures you for over cards b/c you didn't raise the flop, so a bet again by him on the turn could just be a semibluff.

@bsolute_luck
05-11-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If sb is a tag, I would assume he has 2 diamonds, not a 7.
I would have raised the flop, but seeing as you didn't I would raise the turn.

SB probably figures you for over cards b/c you didn't raise the flop, so a bet again by him on the turn could just be a semibluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...that's a different read i wouldn't have put on a TAG to bet a flush draw....maybe, i guess. with A9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, i can see that. with that said, why raise on the turn then? what are you doing with raising? just wondering /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

for value? free showdown?

bozlax
05-11-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for value?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how likely you think it is that SB stayed in with a 7 vs. ace-rag of diamonds or some suited connectors. 98, anyone?

[ QUOTE ]
free showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or information. If reraised, I think you can safely throw this away.

You've already heard it, so I wasn't going to say it again, but I can't help myself: WHY, exactly, did you fail to raise this flop?

@bsolute_luck
05-11-2005, 11:14 AM
see i thought about that too. i just think it should have been done on the flop. now it's the turn, isn't this either a fold or call down situation (at least to the river)?

TripleH68
05-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the replies. This was one of those hands that whizzed by quickly...

On the flop I felt MP1 was calling even if I raised, then I did not want the SB 3-betting. Mistake?

So I was planning on raising the turn, then folded when the 5 hit and the donks were still in the hand. ?

River was 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and the SB showed 98s for top pair. MP1 took it down with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Looking back maybe a raise knocks out MP1 and wins me the hand. Pedestrian.

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

car ramrod
05-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Raise the turn for value. I think we are still ahead here.

What do you think a tag would do with a flush draw, check raise? I think a bet is very possible, he has lots of outs, and it may scare the pfr, which it did, as you can see the way he played the rest of the hand.

Basically I would have raised the flop, but since we missed it, thats when I said, well we probably still have the best hand, so raise now for value and for info. The tag will 3 bet us if he has a made hand.

gopnik
05-12-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you were waiting till the turn to raise, then sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is a good time to wait until the turn to raise. The board is too scary for that.

gopnik
05-12-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so raise now for value and for info

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like raising for info here. For the same 2BB I can get to the showdown and it's as informative as it gets /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maurader1
05-12-2005, 05:27 PM
since he's tag, and he's cold calling from SB, then he would probably have a medium pocket pair, or a suited ace, probably a high suited ace. Given how he played, I would put him on 77-JJ or Axd, since he is aggressive. AA-QQ I think he would have raised pf.

Not sure why you didn't raise on the flop. I would be more comfortable folding the turn if I got capped on the flop, but I usually can't lay down KK and will call down this hand

car ramrod
05-12-2005, 05:28 PM
do you think theres value in a raise?

Maurader1
05-12-2005, 05:32 PM
98s calling an EP raise, wow...is this a +EV play from SB?

Yako
05-12-2005, 05:43 PM
It's borderline. He's getting 5:1 odds to call (assuming UTG calls, and he damn well should), 5.66:1 if BB calls. His hand is a good multi-way hand, and is easy to get away from if he misses the flop.

gopnik
05-12-2005, 06:23 PM
no, I don't think there is any value that's why I'd just call