PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4. Do you smoothcall this flop?

gr8vertical
05-11-2005, 06:44 AM
Hadn't been at the table long. The only hand I saw villian raise was QQ the short time I was there

Input is appreciated. I'm always wondering how you go about the flop when there is 2 to a flush and you don't have the same suit but have a strong hand. Thanks
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, BB folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

jason_t
05-11-2005, 06:55 AM
Preflop cold-call is bad. Raise the flop. The pot is large and there are draws.

Webster
05-11-2005, 07:09 AM
I'm with jason_t . Fold preflop - cold calling with that is just silly.

Raise the flop!

trentcroad
05-11-2005, 07:18 AM
Yep need to raise the flop, possible flush n straight draws, need to protect in this case.

PokerBob
05-11-2005, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hadn't been at the table long. The only hand I saw villian raise was QQ the short time I was there

Input is appreciated. I'm always wondering how you go about the flop when there is 2 to a flush and you don't have the same suit but have a strong hand. Thanks
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, BB folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop.

27offsooot
05-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Add another reason to raise the flop. You get three bet by AK which rules. Also, u won't lose many hands for two bets that u would for one bet. There are draws and what not as well, but I think u will get a lot more value by simply raising the flop.

Also, fold PF as everyone has pointed out.

gr8vertical
05-11-2005, 09:36 AM
So never play KJ s00ted unless I'm the one comin in with a raise first? or dont raise with KJ or what /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

jason_t
05-11-2005, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So never play KJ s00ted unless I'm the one comin in with a raise first? or dont raise with KJ or what /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You can raise KJs if you're first in or after limpers. Fold to a raise unless you have position, there are bunch of people in the pot and you have the postflop skills to play top pair correctly. It's really important to be able to get away from top pair when you're behind/maximize value when you are ahead. Calling in the BB is fine too.

chief444
05-11-2005, 09:43 AM
There's a huge difference between raising yourself and cold-calling a raise from someone else.

27offsooot
In general, u need a better hand to call a raise than u do to raise yourself. This is especially true when it's an EP raise from a reasonable opponent. You should pretty much always raise an un-raised pot with KJs, but that doesn't mean u should call a raise or 3-bet with it b/c it is on the lower end of hands with which one normally raises. Thus, a lot of the hands that u are against will dominate u. If there were a few cold-callers in between u and the PF raiser, i have no problem with the call because the hand plays well multi-way, but here u don't have any cold-callers. You can't expect anybody else to call behind u and playing this hand against an EP PF raiser HU would really really suck.

gr8vertical
[ QUOTE ]

You can raise KJs if you're first in or after limpers. Fold to a raise unless you have position, there are bunch of people in the pot and you have the postflop skills to play top pair correctly. It's really important to be able to get away from top pair when you're behind/maximize value when you are ahead. Calling in the BB is fine too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noted. Thanks

PokerBob
05-11-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KJ is a tricky one. Think of it this way, when you call a raise with it, what would the raiser have that would make you happy? AJ, AK, KQ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ all have you in bad shape. AQ is ahead of you, as is any pair.