PDA

View Full Version : Ugly 33 unimproved vs LAGs, 5/10 6m

DeathDonkey
05-11-2005, 05:53 AM
I normally muck this preflop but the poster made me call for some reason. Now that I see it I still think I should have folded. Both opponents were LAG, 35/25 or so. At what point should I be folding this postflop? If I play it should I get a raise in there somewhere? All I did was call, call, call and it felt like a trainwreck.

Thanks,
DeathDonkey

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

krishanleong
05-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Preflop I don't actually know. But it's usually -EV to think about preflop decision so I'm not going to try and puzzle it out.

Fold the flop. Your pot odds suck and your not closing the action.

Krishan

27offsooot
05-11-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop I don't actually know. But it's usually -EV to think about preflop decision so I'm not going to try and puzzle it out.

Fold the flop. Your pot odds suck and your not closing the action.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I would fold this PF, but whatever. On the flop, isn't there a pretty good chance that hero is ahead with this ragged flop. The pot size is large, I'm fighting for it. I would raise the flop here. If sb were rockish, I have no problem folding the flop, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

stigmata
05-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Yes this hand is a trainwreck, but I'm not sure it was really your fault....

What with the CO poster, I think you had odds to see the flop here on a *loose table*. I don't know whether this table was loose enough, but you could presumably count on getting action postflop, so that helps. When it's two back to you, unfortunately you have to call.

On the flop, you have to raise this now, you could well have the best hand. If there is too much heat I can fold, depending on my read of LAGs postflop play.

Surfbullet
05-11-2005, 01:39 PM
if button and sb are raising 25% of their hands then I don't think you can limp this here.

If the players weren't so lag I would fold when it is 2 back to me - but I think you can make up what your short on when you hit your set.

I really dislike calling down here. I raise the flop - SBs followup bet doesn't have me particularly worried, and my hand my very well be good here. If the pot were not so huge I'd just fold and be done with it.

Surf