PDA

View Full Version : PPT at the Mirage; Don't read it! Not important!

Vincent Lepore
05-11-2005, 03:58 AM
Took a ride down to the Mirage to check out the PPT event and other happenings. It looked like the who's who of the Tournament Poker World. One of my personal favorite players David Levi was still in but was short stacked.

When I got there 66 players remained, out of 300 plus entrants. They are to play down to 54 and then call it a night. Bang! Out went Todd Brunson. And he just been moved to the table in front of me. Helmuth was still in. I saw Alan Cunningham, Dan Harrington, Antonio, McEVoy, Ron Rose,... Speaking of McEVoy, I was standing behind him when he went on a small rush and accumulated a few chips. the blinds were T300-600 with a T75 ante. While I was watching him a commotion started at the other table I was spying. Ron Rose, was all-in with Ac,Kc. Another player, don't know his name, was also all in with Ah,Jh. Both of them were standing and watching with anticipation. Another fellow, who I believe was Billy Baxter, but I'm not sure, was sitting down with the Kd,Ks smiling face up in front of him. This was one big pot! Yes, the kings held up and off went Rose and the A,J fellow.

Then bang! I hear noise at the other table. I turn around and there's McEvoy standing up. He has Ah,Jh and is all in. He looks worried. I look down and see the other guys cards. Ad,4d. I'm not sure how the betting went cause I caught the action on the flop where I saw all of McEvoy's chips in the pot. I looked at the board and then I looked at McEvoy and couldn't understand why he looked as if he had just lost his best friend. The board was, Jd,8c,6d. O.K it wasn't a great board but he was ahead. Until the turn, that is. I guess he must have known something. Bam! Diamond on the turn and McEvoy was history.

James Woods was there, still in. The uni bomber,Phil Laak (spelling) was at the table where Rose was knocked out. Standing next while I watched the action was this movie star girl person. I know her name but it just slips my remeberances. I'm getting old, you see. She played in that movie with Richard Dreyfus where he was a gambler and he bet the horses and he couldn't lose. Well, for just one day if I remember right. But you know my memory. She was the flusie. You know who I mean. She played Ted Danson's girl friend in that movie with Whoopi. He was supposed to be Whoopi's daughters sperm donor, father. You got it! Ahmm what the heck is her name. Anyway she was standing next to me like I said and the uni bomber guy comes up and whispers something in here ear and she gives him one of those affectionate touch things that some of you only dream about. Come on you know what I'm talking about.

Well, it was fun and one of the things that makes living in Vegas for a poker player worth while. You guys not being here and all I thought I'd share it with you. After all you are my many fans and good buddies here on this forum.

Vince

nicky g
05-11-2005, 06:09 AM
Jennifer Tilly

Abe
05-11-2005, 08:24 AM
"flusie" ?? Nice word.

Hey Vince ! I liked your report - thanks.

Vincent Lepore
05-11-2005, 08:29 AM
Hi Abe - thanks

Vince

Vincent Lepore
05-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Jennifer Tilly...right. Thanks..Wow, she is one... attractive female.

vince

Myrtle
05-11-2005, 09:05 AM
Jennifer Tilly....right....I'm jealous!!

Movie name was...."Let it Ride"....very funny flick for those of you who have never seen it.

Nice report, Vince.......

Thanks!

Myrt.......

Boris
05-11-2005, 04:17 PM
nice report. You should write for pokerpages or something.

scalf
05-11-2005, 10:34 PM
/images/graemlins/cool.gif.. vince..:

it musta been fixed if ya didn't win it..!!

gl

keep them stories coming..

you are the gr8est

gl

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

Rob Blackburn
05-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Isn't she Laak's girlfriend.

Vincent Lepore
05-13-2005, 09:21 PM
As a buddy of mine has recently pointed out, yes.

Oh well, life goes on.

Vince