PDA

View Full Version : Your move with 88 here?

Bigwig
05-11-2005, 03:46 AM
$50.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1950)
UTG (t2465)
MP (t815)
CO (t1395)
Button (t2380)
Hero (t995)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

Degen
05-11-2005, 03:52 AM
stop and gizzo

Andre

Seadood228
05-11-2005, 04:41 AM
aiya.. don'tcha love these situations.

For me it's fairly close between folding and pushing, and it would depend on how the BT/BS has been behaving. If you think there's the slightest chance he could have an overpair then I'd fold. But then again I have an aversion to playing any hands on step 3.

I think your stack is at the point where you've got to start entertaining thoughts of coinflips... but then again you still have a little time.

When in doubt push.. And get shown an overpair /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm a little hesitant about stop/going here just because I think the stacks are too deep, but I guess you could do it and release the hand if you get action..

Shoot I don't know.

michw
05-11-2005, 05:01 AM
I would push most every time in this situation, unless I had some special info on the button. However, most of my play is based strictly by feel at this point. I've yet to learn how to run an EV analysis for these type of situations, because I would rather just fire up another couple tournies.

ripped
05-11-2005, 05:55 AM
Fold. I think you're a coinflip at best or completely dominated. You have a plenty of chips right now. I thinking pushing is a bad move here.

lutefisk
05-11-2005, 09:36 AM
I went with push because this looks like a reasonable steal from his seat. Your read on him matters a LOT here. Has he been stealing often? (easy push) Has he never made a steal attempt and played very few hands thus far? (easy fold) In general, I'd think this is a bad spot for a coin flip, but the times that he folds will, I think, make this a good push if you think he's stealing. He may even be trying this with a smaller pair, which he'd almost certainly fold to your push.

"Only after the 10th punch will you see the fist, and only after the 20th will you block it." --Proverb from the game of Go

shejk
05-11-2005, 10:02 AM
I push. My main factor of consideration here is whether this is a sound player. If he is reasonable, he will fold a lot of hands in this situation. Without fe this is a fold.

jcm4ccc
05-11-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
stop and gizzo

Andre

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. This is not a good situation for the stop and go. You have plenty of folding equity. The stop and go is best when you have little or no folding equity.

The danger with the doing the stop and go here is that he may have folded to your preflop push, but doesn't fold to your flop push because he likes the flop.

allenciox
05-11-2005, 10:49 AM
This is a ridiculous question without some indication of how the button plays. At this point, you have already played 20-some hands with the button. Is he loose, tight, aggressive, or passive? I answered push, which would be the right answer for the "average" player who would likely try a steal here. If he seldom raises a pot though, I would be more leery of a raise here, and might just flat call looking to flop a set.

Scuba Chuck
05-11-2005, 10:51 AM
I was gonna say that calling is the worst answer, but I was roadblocked by Degen. His reply is the worst answer.

thekiller
05-11-2005, 10:59 AM
I would either go all in or fold. Depends upon whether i wanted to go to bed early or not.