PDA

View Full Version : TT Open Ender

Big_Jim
05-11-2005, 02:07 AM
UTG has been opening with a variety of weak hands, and has been showing down a lot of bluffs.

Villian has been a pretty weak player, limping PF with some terrible hands and chasing draws without any odds. He called down two pot sized bets in a raised pot with the nut flush draw (A6s for a raise).

Hero has a pretty weak image. Has not held any hands in the last 10 or so orbits. Has had been raised off of any decent hands, and hasn't been able to back up a hand to the river yet in the session.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($400.8)
Hero ($388)
SB ($480.35)
BB <font color="#A500AF(Villian)[/color">/ ($400.5)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $8</font>
UTG could be making this min-raise with just about any two cards. Has shown down a bunch of awful cards that he has been raising (including UTG) K4o comes to mind.

<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>
Hero calls $8

I believe that this was probably the biggest mistake I made this hand. With the minimum raise, the blinds are likely to complete. At the time, I was thinking I would just play the hand for set value, and maybe win some money as an overpair against the weak-passive players in the blinds.
SB (poster) calls $6
BB <font color="#A500AF">(Villian)</font>/ calls $4.
As expected.

These players would complete the blinds with just about anything. ESPECIALLY if it was s000ted.

Flop: ($32) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Villian checks
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $30.4</font>
This is a fairly standard continuation bet from this player. He has shown down some seriously crappy cards after making this bet in the past. Usually shuts down on the turn when called.

<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $80</font>
With the overpair and open ender, I like my hand at this point, and am fairly confident that it is best. There's a decent pot out, and I figure I'll try to take it down right now. How do you guys like this raise? Too little?

SB folds
Villian calls $80
This scared me quite a bit. Cold calling a bet and a raise was not something I figured this player to be capable of without a pretty damn nice hand. He had called some pot sized bets for draws, but never a raise. Unfortunatley, the only damn nice hand that I didn't see making a big check raise was the nut straight, but even then, the I figured he would raise to protect against the flush.

UTG calls $49.60.
Wow, two callers, not what I was hoping for.

Turn: ($272) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villian checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.
Not so sure about this turn check either. At the time, the cold call and UTG calling scared the hell out of me, and thought that at least one of them might have the straight.

River: ($272) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian bets $100</font>
Alright, I got my straight... but.

The flush definately could have hit this player (one of the few pots that I did win in the session, I moved in on him with a pair and a flush draw and hit, so he may have even been "after me") who was certainly capable of making some calls with very thin (if not non-existant) odds.

Hero calls $100.
Getting about 4-1, I figure my hand is probably good 20% of the time. Anybody think it's not? Anybody think it's a split pot too often to make these odds quite accurate?

Final Pot: $472

Comments on all streets welcome.

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Villian has 2c Jc (flush, jack high).
Hero has Td Ts (straight, ten high).
Outcome: Villian wins $472. </font>

creedofhubris
05-11-2005, 02:32 AM
Bet the turn.

Calling the river is fine.

Big_Jim
05-11-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much?

I admit, on retrospect, there doesn't really seem to be any hand that my opponent would slow play here that makes much sense, (with the possible exception of J/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif).

Obviously, fold to a check-raise.

creedofhubris
05-11-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much?

I admit, on retrospect, there doesn't really seem to be any hand that my opponent would slow play here that makes much sense, (with the possible exception of J/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, safe fold here if check-raised.

I'd bet the pot. People are obviously chasing you, make them pay.

JKratzer
05-11-2005, 03:30 AM
I would bet the turn, say about $150 and fold to a CR. Given that you checked the turn it's hard to fold for the $100 but I'd say against most players you should fold. You said villian was poor and showing down crap, and that's the main reason I would call. Unknown opponent I'd fold for sure. Even here you have to ask what the villian is calling your flop raise with out of position that you can still beat, one of the two remaining tens? I put your odds at less than 4-1.

JKratzer

RainFall
05-11-2005, 05:40 AM
Does noone like reraising loose players preflop here? I don't respect the minraise from monkeys and i sort of like to get them to call with their crap out of position.

Big_Jim
05-11-2005, 05:50 AM
Does anybody prefer a PF raise with TT being almost 80% sure that I have the best hand AND that UTG would still call? I would probably raise to $30-35.

Or is my line decent, even though I'm going to have the blinds hanging around?

Big_Jim
05-11-2005, 05:51 AM
D'oh, you posted before I did.

Like I said in the original post, I think that not re-raising PF was the biggest mistake I made this hand.

hansarnic
05-11-2005, 08:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, safe fold here if check-raised.

I'd bet the pot. People are obviously chasing you, make them pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't do this as hero has $300 left on the turn with pot at about $270. It's pretty hard to bet any reasonable amount &amp; then fold to a CR. So you need to check it through or push on the turn.

The 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif on the river doesn't help you. Muck to the river lead from BB, you are virtually always behind here if he's any good.

Yeah, and re-raise it PF.

Big_Jim
05-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Yeah, after the hand was over, I realized that I failed to include all the Tx hands that I would be chopping with. I figure that drops my odds from 4-1 to about 2-1 (What else is he betting this small on the river with that I beat?)

I think I like a turn push on this hand, considering the competition. The flop cold call just scared the bejesus out of me at the time... probably shouldn't have, considering the history.

Big_Jim
05-11-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I like a turn push on this hand

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to mention the solid fold equity if original raiser is holding on to something like AA-JJ.