PDA

View Full Version : Two 5/10 hands

New001
05-11-2005, 02:04 AM
Let me preface this by saying I'm just getting into 5/10 6-max after a stop through 1/2. I'm having difficulty in the 5/10 and I'm crushing the 1/2, though sample sizes on both are fairly small.

I think I'm paying off too much and not extracting value well enough, but it's really hard for me to adjust with the former with all the trash I'm seeing shown down.

Both of these hands happened during the first orbit, so I apologize for having no reads. The table seems like a goldmine, coldcalls with J2o and the like have gone to showdown so far.

This first hand should be basic stuff by now for me, but would you wait to pop the turn here or play it fast?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

This hand happened just a few hands later. The PFR in this one is the same villain from the first hand, if that matters. Playerview still hadn't gotten up yet, but I saw him play 27o against a raise from the BB between the first hand and this. He's obviously loose.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

Do I have any reason to believe I'm behind at any point here? Thanks in advance, and apologies for multple hands at once. I'm just trying to figure out why I'm having trouble at this obviously loose game. Any comments on all streets of both hands would be greatly appreciated.

BusterStacks
05-11-2005, 02:18 AM
Hand #2:

I think you are behind.

motorholdem
05-11-2005, 02:18 AM
Hand 1 . I don't see how or where you could have played this any differently. Looks standard.

Hand 2. The SB called for $13, which is basically a 3bet cold-call. He looks like the one to worry about with his rviver lead out bet.

I think he may have AK, AQs, AJs....with his lead out bet on the river (no longer worried about the flush), maybe even A9s...(would he do that?).
I like the way you played it, but I'm not sure you are ahead

Alobar
05-11-2005, 02:20 AM
hand 1 is pretty standard. Raise the flop, or call and riase the turn, doesnt really matter much

Hand 2 I fidn very interesting.

flop is easy

turn, im still thinking about. My gut tells me I like the riase, but Im not sure why, or if its the right play. I would think if either of them had you obviously beat they would have capped the flop or c/r the turn (which the SB could still do, but Im worried more by UTG.) I do worry about your kicker tho. I doubt either has a 6 here, so you are looking at Ax or 22. I guess its much more likely someone has a worse kicker than you than a better one. The fact that SB will call 2 cold with an Ace, and you still have alot of outs. Yeah I like raising.

river, your hand is no good, but the pot is huge. I call and throw things because god didnt love me enough to bring me one of my many outs

New001
05-11-2005, 02:24 AM
Will the typical 5/10 player cap with AQo or AQs in either position that the two were in?

And, if they had checked to me on the river, do you valuebet it?

joker122
05-11-2005, 02:27 AM
i use to raise the flop in hand 1. now i'm just calling.

7ontheline
05-11-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand #2:

I think you are behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, although you probably have to go to showdown.

Hand 1, if you want you can call and raise turn - on a drawless board like this, it might be worth it. If the guy is playing some weird draw, he'll probably call at least to see the river and you get an extra 1/2 BB. If he has a piece of the board, you probably get the river call too. If the player isn't stupid though, he'll fold his really weak hands so this is player-dependent. If the board is draw-heavy, just fast-play because you could be behind on the enxt street.

Alobar
05-11-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Will the typical 5/10 player cap with AQo or AQs in either position that the two were in?

[/ QUOTE ]

in my experience, no. But they are just as likely to have AJ, AT, A9 here (or worse)

[ QUOTE ]
and, if they had checked to me on the river, do you valuebet it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, part of the reason I think I liked the riase is there is a very good chance you are ahead. But also because you are kinda "freerolling" on them with your flush draw, so I like the freeshowdown aspect of it.

Im still kinda hung up on the kicker tho, if you had AQs I wouldnt even have to ponder it.

I prolly would have pussed otu and checked behind, but I think betting is prolyl better, cuz they will both call, and if you do lose you are at least getting overlay from one of them, cuz I really dont see them both having you beat.

New001
05-11-2005, 03:02 AM
I'd have been a ton more comfortable with AQs too. Is the 3-bet preflop with AJs here standard against an unknown?

Alobar
05-11-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the 3-bet preflop with AJs here standard against an unknown?

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, easy 3 bet