PDA

View Full Version : preventing bluffs

wrto4556
05-11-2005, 12:54 AM
I thought I played this hand well...but i'm not so sure any more.

BB is a tricky and aggressive player. He's capable of alot of things and he switches up his play.

5/10 heads up

Preflop: I get delt 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button.
I raise, BB 3-bets, I call.

This is maybe the 10th hand into the session. I havn't limped on the button yet.

Flop:(6sb)J /images/graemlins/club.gif,6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4, /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB bets, I call.

Turn:(4BB) 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB bets, I call.

River:(6BB)5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets, I call.

During the hand I was thinking that he may be 3-betting to tell me to lay off his blind. Of coarse, I wasn't sure. But I figured to take a line where it might prevent him from bluffing in the future. Now, I feel like I should have raised somewhere. I'm really not sure.

Alobar
05-11-2005, 01:50 AM
for some reason the suits avatar isnt loading for me, so I dunno what they are in your hand.

I raise the flop

wrto4556
05-11-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for some reason the suits avatar isnt loading for me, so I dunno what they are in your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't important.

[ QUOTE ]
I raise the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Im assuming you think he will pay off with smaller pairs and A-high.

What do you do if 3-bet?

Alobar
05-11-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Im assuming you think he will pay off with smaller pairs and A-high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuz I'm prolly ahead, but he prolly has lots of outs, so if by raising I can get him to make a bad fold on the turn, Im happy

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do if 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

call. What do do from there is the hard part /images/graemlins/smile.gif Basically, I dunno. It depends on the opponent.

p.s. I dont play much (read: any) HU, so i could be hugely wrong with all of this.