PDA

View Full Version : ITM, short stack pushes, is this a no brainer call?

pokerlaw
05-11-2005, 12:35 AM
Can't find the HH,e:

Pokerstars 10+1 - Blinds 100/200 w 50 chip ante (going to 200/400 in a few minutes)

Villain - t1250
Hero (SB) - t2300
BB - t9400

I get A/images/graemlins/club.gif 10/images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain, who has been pretty tight, pushes after waiting awhile. Easy push/call?

augie00
05-11-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this is a no brainer call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I'll let others elaborate.

Scuba Chuck
05-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Advice, make a list of No-brainer autocalls headsup & ITM. Put some thought into it.

For example, if you're the pusher, you should be pushing the top 50% of hands, right? If you're the caller, you should be calling the top X% of hands. For you, figure out what your gap is, and then relate that to hands. I'm confident this hand will fall squarely into whatever X% is for you.

Now here's a better scenario for you to think about:

Blinds 300/600

Villain - t5000
Hero(SB) - t5200
BB - t800

Villain pushes allin, and you have ATs. Do you call here?

pokerlaw
05-11-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Advice, make a list of No-brainer autocalls headsup & ITM. Put some thought into it.

For example, if you're the pusher, you should be pushing the top 50% of hands, right? If you're the caller, you should be calling the top X% of hands. For you, figure out what your gap is, and then relate that to hands. I'm confident this hand will fall squarely into whatever X% is for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice. As to the hand, I hesistated for about a second, and then called. He had QJo and i held on.

In this particular hand, A10 was right around my lower range, mainly b/c the pusher was very tight and i had a good read on the big stack - who was letting me steal, so i wasnt THAT rushed for time.

[ QUOTE ]

Now here's a better scenario for you to think about:

Blinds 300/600

Villain - t5000
Hero(SB) - t5200
BB - t800

Villain pushes allin, and you have ATs. Do you call here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would fold here and let the villian play the BB one on one since his stack is so small. If he folded to me, I would push w/o thinking.

augie00
05-11-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A10 was right around my lower range

[/ QUOTE ]

AT is a HUGE favorite over my range of pushing hands here.

Nick M
05-11-2005, 01:35 AM
call in a milisecond...for a couple of reasons. 1. you need to bust this guy to have a chance at getting 1st money. And 2 it's only half your stack. But I would move in not call...you want the chip leader's BB too.