PDA

View Full Version : Interesting 22 hand, hows my line?

Cumulonimbus
05-11-2005, 12:05 AM
Preflop raiser was very laggy, and the table was very loose, so combined with those two reasons is why I cold-called a raise with 22. Comments on the whole hand? It was total uncharted territory for me, especially cuz it was one of my first 2/4 hands. Thanks.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Cumulonimbus
05-11-2005, 05:38 AM
bump

The Goober
05-11-2005, 06:09 AM
PF, I would probably want another limper in, unless the table was usually more agressive than this post-flop.

turn and river I would probably play the same.

Kristian
05-11-2005, 07:27 AM
I fold this preflop, but it is not be a horrible call.
I do think the turn bet is horrible, forgettaboutit, check/fold. You are not exactly signaling unbeatable strength betting after it has been checked around to you twice, you already noticed the table is loose and there are draws aplenty. You will get callers and 44 out of the 46 remaining cards can hurt you.

Webster
05-11-2005, 07:44 AM
The only time I would cal this preflop is if I am sure there would be at least 3 others in the pot - thus I think it's an OK call. After that? Your bluffing and only you can tell if the table is ripe for that one.

chief444
05-11-2005, 07:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your bluffing and only you can tell if the table is ripe for that one.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't think he's betting the best hand on the turn pretty often here?

Matt Jenko
05-11-2005, 08:05 AM
I quite like this. On the button and at with the likelyhood of 3 or more in, certainly a coldcall i might make. You are even probably ahead on the flop and turn, and although you do not show much strength, neither has anyone else, letting it get checked through twice and no c/r after you bet. The river check is what I would do too. funny hand.

Webster
05-11-2005, 08:14 AM
he COULD be bettingthe best hand but he better hope everybody drops. He only has bottom pair and if players are still in the hand they probebly have SOMETHING they are playing.

imported_AlphaGun
05-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Can someone explain how there are odds to make this cold call. We are unlikely to win with just the pair of twos. It seems that we would need to expect to get at least 8:1 including implied odds to make this profitable. Are we going to get at least 5 big bets after this flop, not including our own, if we hit the set. Sometimes, yes. But enough to make this profitable, I am not sure.

Am I missing something here?

chief444
05-11-2005, 08:31 AM
I think this turn bet should be very standard on a 5799 board with the flop and turn checking through.

trevorwc
05-11-2005, 08:47 AM
I'm putting UTG+2 on a couple of big cards and betting this river - hoping he'll make a call with A high.

Matt Jenko
05-11-2005, 08:50 AM
You probably aren't missing anything by dropping this hand here. I am more than likely influenced by my personal results with this hand as I have pulled in some absolute monster pots by doing exactly what the OP has done here, albeit hitting my sets. I have been playing small PPs after a raise for a while now and the results have been pretty good. 5BB is quite a bit to make up I agree, but certainly doable from what I have experienced.

Cumulonimbus
05-11-2005, 03:44 PM
I expected more post flop aggression from the PF raiser; that did not pull through (I don't always cold-call in this situation.) After everybody checked the turn to me, I just knew they each had two high cards. That's almost a golden rule in lower limits - if it's checked to you on the flop and turn then your opponents are weak. I don't consider my bet a bluff by any means - it was a value bet.