PDA

View Full Version : Stuck with 2-2 board

RacersEdge
05-10-2005, 11:46 PM
I think raising the turn is better here - and folding to a 3-bet. Does the other 2 players besides the SB make a turn raise automatic? The SB wasn't overly aggressive, I thought he might just call a raise anyway, so I just tried for a cheap SD.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

imported_leader
05-11-2005, 12:18 AM
I don't like the PF raise here without a read that the two players before you are real sucky. With six players, i would check the flop too because you're not winning it right here and ending up paying 2 bets to see the turn with weak overcards would be really bad. Once you get to the turn I don't mind the Call-call line. If the two players were behind you, I'd say raise, but they are already in. If you call, you always get to see the river which could improve your hand. On the river, you're easily getting good enough odds to call HU.

Pokey
05-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Preflop raise is unnecessary. With two players already in, the raise doesn't isolate, and QJs needs to hit to win, here. Better is to smooth call and go for more overcalls to pad the pot for when you hit nicely.

Why the flop bet? What is it hoping to accomplish? If you're just autobetting to continue aggression, I think you could catch a check-through from MP3. That not only makes the hand cheaper if you miss, it also makes it easier to muscle people off their draws if you catch something on the turn (double-sized bets and all). If the bet is for value, I really don't like it, since I doubt you've got the pot equity for it.

The turn is a good card for you; why smooth call? You can raise to build a pot where you've now got safely more than 25% pot equity. If they fold, you've got more safe cards to a win; if they call, you've got a bigger pot with good equity.

River is an easy call. You don't have enough strength of hand to raise heads-up, but you've got far too much to fold. You're definitely ahead more than one time in 13.