PDA

View Full Version : I'm Done

TheBusiness
05-10-2005, 11:45 PM
After having the worst week of my poker career, I have decided to quit playing online for awhile and only play live games. For four days straight, I found myself getting crushed at 30/60, 50/100, and 80/160 tables on various poker sites. These are games that I usually play decently in, and usually can beat. Everyone runs bad from time to time, and I was certainly running bad. (If I was Kurosh, I would insert some bad beat stories here, but that would be lame, so I won't). But I think that I also just started playing horribly as a result of the downswing. I spent the next three days trying all different games, from 10/20 to 150/300, from heads-up games to full tables, hoping that maybe it was just the 80 game, or just the 50 game, that I was losing in. Turns out it was not any particular game, but online poker in general. So that's it. I am taking a hiatus from online poker for awhile, not sure how long yet. I prefer live games anyway. This will probably result in me spending more time in Atlantic City and Vegas than is healthy, but I need to do something different and get my game back in shape. I'll still lurk around 2+2 of course, but if I post a hand that was not from a live game, please reprimand me.

afk
05-11-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Turns out it was not any particular game, but online poker in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way you were jumping around makes it sound more like tilt than anything.

psyduck
05-11-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turns out it was not any particular game, but online poker in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way you were jumping around makes it sound more like tilt than anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

sthief09
05-11-2005, 12:40 AM
this is just as annoying as a bad beat post

psyduck
05-11-2005, 12:40 AM
why didn't you got to microlimits and [censored] around with 10 racks or something to vent your frustration? seems less expensive than jumping around high limits like that

IndieMatty
05-11-2005, 12:48 AM
I'm sorry for your downswing. But I am happy there is one less table coach out there.

Good luck finding your game.

LAGmaniac
05-11-2005, 01:16 AM
Bump because this thread makes me happy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NLSoldier
05-11-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel sorry for you.

LAGmaniac
05-11-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel sorry for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I hope all fish berating pricks go bust... nothing personal.

NLSoldier
05-11-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel sorry for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think its kinda sad that you get enjoyment out of someone elses downswing.

LAGmaniac
05-11-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel sorry for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think its kinda sad that you get enjoyment out of someone elses downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever sat at the table with this guy? If I got enjoyment out of random people's misfortunes I would have bumped the kurosh thread. Kurush can be a douche on the forums all he wants, it's being a douche at the tables that I take issue with. The fact is he hasn't ruined any of the games I've been at so I don't care whether he quits poker or not. I can't say the same thing for "TheBusiness".

NLSoldier
05-11-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel sorry for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever sat at the table with this guy? If I got enjoyment out of random people's misfortunes I would have bumped the kurosh thread. Kurush can be a douche on the forums all he wants, it's being a douche at the tables that I take issue with. The fact is he hasn't ruined any of the games I've been at so I don't care whether he quits poker or not. I can't say the same thing for "TheBusiness".

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I knew nothing of his reputation or your history with him otherwise I wouldnt have made my comment in the first place. Now that you have clarified I understand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

theBruiser500
05-11-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey stehief what was your oringal post, like "bye bye" or something, it was funnier

rmarotti
05-11-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this pretty much is a bad beat post

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

StacysMom
05-12-2005, 03:08 AM
I don't claim to be an expert, but this probably had somehting to do with it...

TheBusiness is the aggressor.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.66 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.83 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.83 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.83 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP3 has 5h 3d (one pair, queens).
Hero has Ac 5c (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.83 BB. </font>

Tilt much?

DcifrThs
05-12-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't claim to be an expert, but this probably had somehting to do with it...

TheBusiness is the aggressor.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.66 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (5.83 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.83 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.83 BB

Tilt much?

[/ QUOTE ]

results?

sthief09
05-12-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey stehief what was your oringal post, like "bye bye" or something, it was funnier

[/ QUOTE ]

'kbye'

StacysMom
05-12-2005, 03:10 AM
i edited results in, habit of not posting them... The hand was followed with "Thats Right, Call down like a good little s1ut"

IndieMatty
08-08-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry for your downswing. But I am happy there is one less table coach out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump, because you're still doing it. Why do you have to be a [censored] douche at the tables?

TheBusiness
08-08-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump, because you're still doing it. Why do you have to be a [censored] douche at the tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) You're a douche for digging back to this old thread just to rip on me.

2) I am still doing it because I took a break for awhile, focused on live games, played in some world series events, and am back and ready to go, new and improved. Taking a break for a month or two from online games probably saved me a lot of BB's I would have lost steaming.

3) You're a douche for using the word bump in that context.

4) Agreed, I am a prick at the tables. But I am trying to be annoying only to those who are jackasses themselves. So if I have offended you, its probably because you are a douche.

Turning Stone Pro
08-08-2005, 04:08 PM
I've played with you a few times (including before you knew who I was) and have never noticed you coach or insult anyone.

TSP

TheBusiness
08-08-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've played with you a few times (including before you knew who I was) and have never noticed you coach or insult anyone.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. You too, are very gracious at the tables. As I said, I try to be nice to those who are themselves kind.

IndieMatty
08-08-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2) I am still doing it because I took a break for awhile, focused on live games, played in some world series events, and am back and ready to go, new and improved. Taking a break for a month or two from online games probably saved me a lot of BB's I would have lost steaming.

4) Agreed, I am a prick at the tables. But I am trying to be annoying only to those who are jackasses themselves. So if I have offended you, its probably because you are a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

1)Gee you made a bitching thread about quitting online poker, where you were accused of being a table coach and did not respond, I don't know you well enough to PM you, and frankly don't want to; I'd rather hope that a public "outing" will make you think twice before berating the one fish at a 30/60 table.

2)Good luck not steaming.

3)What other context should I put it in? In hindsite, I should have sent you a PM, I guess I apologize.

4) I don't even use the chat function unless it's for a good natured "NH" or the occasional fun table chatter; you're berating people because they are being mean to you? But "being a douche" to you is someone who sucks out on you right? You poor guy. Grow up and don't berate the fish.

DcifrThs
08-08-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1)Gee you made a bitching thread about quitting online poker, where you were accused of being a table coach and did not respond, I don't know you well enough to PM you, and frankly don't want to; I'd rather hope that a public "outing" will make you think twice before berating the one fish at a 30/60 table.

2)Good luck not steaming.

3)What other context should I put it in? In hindsite, I should have sent you a PM, I guess I apologize.

4) I don't even use the chat function unless it's for a good natured "NH" or the occasional fun table chatter; you're berating people because they are being mean to you? But "being a douche" to you is someone who sucks out on you right? You poor guy. Grow up and don't berate the fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think business jsut goes in streaks...on UB there are times when i want to type in the chat "just shut up!"...and other times when he plays well and doesn't say anything...

but when he's in that first state i rank him a close 2nd to helmuth in terms of table annoyance.

i also have a different name on party and he uses his 2p2 name...ive used my knowledge of him to get him really riled up...i got a K high call down a few times as a result...prett profitable.

-Barron

Turning Stone Pro
08-08-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i also have a different name on party and he uses his 2p2 name...ive used my knowledge of him to get him really riled up...i got a K high call down a few times as a result...prett profitable.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

This bounty hunter is my kind of scum. Fearless and inventive.

-Jabba-

DcifrThs
08-08-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

-Jabba-

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, star wars quote that i dont get the allusion...come again?

-Barron

yanicehand
08-08-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-Jabba-

[/ QUOTE ]

# of times in the last week mid high has made red bull shoot up my nose with extremely random quips: 2.

Turning Stone Pro
08-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Just an, eh, extremely random quip. Kinda sayin' you're mine kind of fellow, and I wouldn't be too thrilled with that compliment!

TSP

Eegs
08-08-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After having the worst week of my poker career, I have decided to quit playing online for awhile and only play live games. For four days straight, I found myself getting crushed at 30/60, 50/100, and 80/160 tables on various poker sites. These are games that I usually play decently in, and usually can beat. Everyone runs bad from time to time, and I was certainly running bad. (If I was Kurosh, I would insert some bad beat stories here, but that would be lame, so I won't). But I think that I also just started playing horribly as a result of the downswing. I spent the next three days trying all different games, from 10/20 to 150/300, from heads-up games to full tables, hoping that maybe it was just the 80 game, or just the 50 game, that I was losing in. Turns out it was not any particular game, but online poker in general. So that's it. I am taking a hiatus from online poker for awhile, not sure how long yet. I prefer live games anyway. This will probably result in me spending more time in Atlantic City and Vegas than is healthy, but I need to do something different and get my game back in shape. I'll still lurk around 2+2 of course, but if I post a hand that was not from a live game, please reprimand me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made this transition a few weeks ago. Albeit I play at much lower stakes than you, the change of pace from online to live is pretty nice I feel. GL!

DcifrThs
08-08-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just an, eh, extremely random quip. Kinda sayin' you're mine kind of fellow, and I wouldn't be too thrilled with that compliment!

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

in that case, thank you

and screw you!

-Barron

ill get ya back next time we're in vegas.

JihadOnTheRiver
08-08-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you have to be a [censored] douche at the tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) You're a douche ....

[/ QUOTE ]

NU UH!

elmo
08-08-2005, 10:37 PM
This thread is by far the most directly profitable one I have ever read. The business was at some of my 30/60 tables and was going crazy with ace rag high.

kurosh
08-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Why was this thread bumped from 3 months ago?

TheBusiness
08-09-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing myself...apparently Indiematty wanted to hear himself talk.

TheWorstPlayer
08-09-2005, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing myself...apparently Indiematty wanted to hear himself talk.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, priceless. I guess you didn't get to read his post before the edit....