PDA

View Full Version : making money with real estate

11-27-2002, 02:08 AM
how do you make money with real estate?
My aunt just died and left me 3 houses ( quite big actually)
I live in brazil and i´m 20 years old with no clue what to
do!!

11-27-2002, 02:38 AM
You sell 2 of them and use the funds for the smallest house to buy some books, seminars, tutors on how to trade houses??

Keep the cash you made on the 2nd house in a diversify bond and stocks.

Go to work and live in the 3rd when you feel like it or rent it out long term.

PokerBabe(aka)
11-27-2002, 01:47 PM
Hi Lafer- this is a GOOD problem to have. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif FIRST, Seek some professional advice from someone you trust who knows about the real estate market in Brazil. You can sell one house, rent one and live in the other. Or, live in one and rent the other two. Since you are so young, keeping all the houses may be the best option, since they will appreciate in value over the next 20 years. The income you derive from the rentals should be enough to meet your financial needs since you have no debt, right? Financial freedom---the greatest thing since poker /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif You can use the equity in the houses to purchase additional properties and then rent those out as well for an amount which covers the mortgage (plus a little extra for you). Just take your time and enjoy your newfound wealth! LGPG, Babe

Wildbill
11-27-2002, 02:02 PM
In a high inflation economy such as Brazil you keep them and rent them out until the inflation comes down to reasonable amount. In times of inflation the best thing to do is hang onto your hard assets such as real estate as they protect you from losing value. When the inflation calms down, there will be many more people that can afford a house (interest rates will be lower and the banks of the country will be more willing to lend) and you will get good value for your home and in the time until then you collect good rents that you can keep raising.