PDA

View Full Version : Back for advice again

lstream
05-10-2005, 11:22 PM
What do you guys think about the double raise on fourth? Then when villain catches the third heart, would you have done anything different?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes
Seat 5: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___double raises

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___folds
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

6th Street

Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

River

Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___bets
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

mscags
05-11-2005, 12:12 AM
I think you played it right. I like the double raise as well. With a bet and a raise there isn't any need not to double raise. Get as much money in as you can. I think you did good the rest of the hand too. Even if he doesnt have his flush he could have a straight as well, if not great draws to both. Hoped he missed out and you got it. Nice hand though.

Michael Emery
05-11-2005, 05:39 AM
Hey Stream. I would fold third myself. On fourth I would simply call when the JQ raises. The reason being is 1.) I would like to see how the open sixes react to the raise. If they raise double when it comes back to them its likely big trouble. A lot of players will simply bet $5 with trips here rather than betting double. 2.) Its almost a guarantee you'll be bet into on fifth street. So as far as I'm concerned you can raise here or on fifth.My reason for advising fifth was once again to see the open sixes reaction. The rest of the streets look standard.

Mike Emery

MRBAA
05-11-2005, 11:03 AM
I play it the exact way you did. On third, I will never fold a live buried pair for the completion once I've paid the bring in.

On fourth, I'm not that scared of trips -- I bet it.

On fifth, yeah I hate his str8 and flush but he might not have them and I've got a redraw to a full house.

On the river, he'll just have to show it to me.

jon_1van
05-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Do you fold if the open sixes reraises a double bet?

MRBAA
05-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Getting either $73 or $93 - $10 (depending on if the other guy calls), I call if the sixes raise. And plan on seeing the river. My hand is sufficiently concealed that some opponents will overplay two pair here. But, obviously, I'm hating my hand if he does re-reraise.

timmer
05-11-2005, 10:12 PM
the dead diamond factor has me folding third

timmer

lstream
05-12-2005, 09:16 AM
I ended up winning the hand - villain had jacks and nines. One of my reasons for not folding to the completion is that these games often have a huge payoff if you catch a hand as the bring-in. Many opponents refuse to believe that the bring-in has a legitimate hand, and you end up with a lot of action.

MRBAA
05-12-2005, 09:55 AM
I think the bring in factor is most relevant when you pair your door. But a totally live hidden pair in this structure is an auto call for just the $3 completion.

Roland
05-12-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a totally live hidden pair in this structure is an auto call for just the $3 completion.

[/ QUOTE ]

With two diamonds and a three of your straight cards (as well as one deuce) dead, I’d actually say this is an auto-muck in a three-way pot.
There are only two cards in the deck that will really improve your hand; and even if you do catch one of them you could still be in trouble.
An ace on 4th helps your hand a little, but not enough in my opinion. You’re out of position, and catching a second ace on 5th or 6th will kill you’re action.
So why throw 3$ into the pot only to be folding on 4th nearly every time?
If you had, say, one more limper, completely live diamonds and straight cards… that’s a different matter all together.
Just my thoughts.

MRBAA
05-12-2005, 12:08 PM
AYeah, this is one of the less good situations of this type. Truth is, if you play well and your opponents don't, it probably doesn't matter much which you do in this situation as far as long term expectation.