PDA

View Full Version : Movies OTT Nerds Overrate....

KaneKungFu123
05-10-2005, 11:01 PM
1. Office Space

I liked it alot when I was 13 or 14 years old. Its still a decent flick to pop in for some background sound while playing poker. It does get old after awhile. OTT nerds will use the following quote way too often: "federal pound me in the ass prison". Its too cliche now. Any thread referencing prison will get polluted with OTT nerds posting it. They overlook the best quote in that movie: "i am not lazy, i just dont care".

they also think the "O Face" joke was a riot. it wasnt.

To OS's credit, its soundtrack is awesome.

tbach24
05-10-2005, 11:02 PM
1. You're wrong about the movie
2. Why are you posting in OOT if you are addressing the OTT nerds?

You were right about the O-face and that the "I'm not lazy, I just don't care" quote is great. However, it is a great movie.

granny50
05-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Why are you such a hater? How about a post about movies you like for a change rather than the usual - I'm different than the rest of you guys, so I'm going to diss everything that people like post?

IndieMatty
05-10-2005, 11:04 PM
You're wrong. Why? Your age.

KaneKungFu123
05-10-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. You're wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I address them in the Omaha forum?

tbach24
05-10-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. You're wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Each post of yours I read tbach, I get hornier and hornier and really want to beat off so that I can pay you and the other first 20 posters in that thread 25 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

OTT = One Table Tournaments
OOT = Other Other Topics

KaneKungFu123
05-10-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. You're wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Each post of yours I read tbach, I get hornier and hornier and really want to beat off so that I can pay you and the other first 20 posters in that thread 25 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT = Other Other Topics

[/ QUOTE ]
typo. duh.

Chobohoya
05-10-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. You're wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT != OTT.

Office Space is comedic gold btw. You should masturbate to let off some steam.

eric5148
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you such a hater?

[/ QUOTE ]

Skipbidder
[ QUOTE ]
1. Office Space

I liked it alot when I was 13 or 14 years old.

[/ QUOTE ]
I liked it a lot when I was 30.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I must not be an "OTT geek". I think that the O face bit was stupid.

You are a no-talent assclown.

tbach24
05-10-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. You're wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT = Other Other Topics

[/ QUOTE ]
typo. duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obvi. I just love pointing out mistakes that arrogant pricks like you make. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Benholio
05-10-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
typo. duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

You accidently hit the wrong keys 3 times in the same post?

Pocket Trips
05-10-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Office Space

I liked it alot when I was 13 or 14 years old. Its still a decent flick to pop in for some background sound while playing poker. It does get old after awhile. OTT nerds will use the following quote way too often: "federal pound me in the ass prison". Its too cliche now. Any thread referencing prison will get polluted with OTT nerds posting it. They overlook the best quote in that movie: "i am not lazy, i just dont care".

[/ QUOTE ]

you have obviously never worked a day in your life.. wish i could say the same

Klepton
05-10-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you such a hater?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eric5148
05-10-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are a no-talent assclown.

[/ QUOTE ]

KaneKungFu123
05-10-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
typo. duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was masturbating and eight tabling 5/10 NL while i posted this....

einbert
05-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Agreed, office space is very overrated. Not sure if it is particularly so in OOT but in the general populace it tends to be.

KaneKungFu123
05-10-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed, office space is very overrated. Not sure if it is particularly so in OOT but in the general populace it tends to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW...

astroglide
05-11-2005, 12:08 AM
i think the parts where they're in the office are great, but the whole second half of the movie where it develops into a "plot" is infinitely less interesting/funny. but the beginning is fantastic.

AncientPC
05-11-2005, 12:31 AM
http://img98.echo.cx/img98/5536/face9ae.gif

sthief09
05-11-2005, 12:33 AM
go away

Subfallen
05-11-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
typo. duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was masturbating and eight tabling 5/10 NL while i posted this....

[/ QUOTE ]

You just went WAAYYY up in my estimation. This is awesome.

Blarg
05-11-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Office Space

[/ QUOTE ]

Office Space is plenty good. More than good. If you've seen it to death, of course it will get old. I love it because for me it's practically a documentary, and it says things other movies never care to or dare to. It's great to see a movie that's actually about life, and where people actually have jobs that interfere with their ability to do all the cool things people of any income level always have the time and money to do in every t.v. show and movie. It always struck me as bizarre that work was never a subject our culture has managed to acknowledge and address in our movies. What a bizarre disconnect. Plus, it's funny.

My nomination for overrated OOT favorite is The Big Lebowski. I'm a Coen brothers fan from way back in the Blood Simple days, which I saw when it first came out, and I was surprised how unimpressed I was, thought it did remind me how much I'd love to bang Tara Reid.

And American History X better be the second coming of Christ when I finally get it from Netflix, because man is it praised to the skies in OOT. It wasn't all that popular or well-regarded when it came out, so I'm seeing it mostly just to say I saw it, I guess. I find the way the entertainment industry handles race usually pretty uninteresting and dishonest, but I'll see, I guess.

nicky g
05-11-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think the parts where they're in the office are great, but the whole second half of the movie where it develops into a "plot" is infinitely less interesting/funny. but the beginning is fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely. It's not blow-away brilliant, but the start of it captures the crapness of 20-something office work perfectly, right down to the fear of touching metal because of the constant electric shocks.

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-11-2005, 04:51 AM
I laugh everytime I watch The Big Lebowski and I have seen it at least 20 times.

PS: I still can't figure this out but it makes me crack up every time. When he's in the squad car and singing, what song is he singing and what does he shout at the end?

lucas9000
05-11-2005, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I laugh everytime I watch The Big Lebowski and I have seen it at least 20 times.

PS: I still can't figure this out but it makes me crack up every time. When he's in the squad car and singing, what song is he singing and what does he shout at the end?

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't he singing the theme from "branded?"

Dr. Strangelove
05-11-2005, 11:16 AM
lmao, yea, BRANDED!

MoreWineII
05-11-2005, 11:47 AM
You couldn't possibly have understood the movie at age 13 or 14. Once I read that, I didn't bother reading the rest of the post.

Blarg
05-11-2005, 01:41 PM
I agree. There's no way in hell a 13 or 14 year old knows anything about the feeling of work being a life sentence where you're supposed to pretend you're one of the guards and not a prisoner.

chaas4747
05-11-2005, 01:47 PM
I can personally make one Office Space reference a day in my office. I got a talking to this morning because my Status report was not being put in the right place on our shared drive. We also have auditors in the office right now, however one of them is smokin so I hope I get to meet with her.
After find OOT I would say I do about 15 minutes of real work in any given day.

masse75
05-11-2005, 08:00 PM
You are a no talent ass clown.

Damn...just read the thread and someone beat me to it.

InchoateHand
05-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Number "1" should have been Napoleon Dynamite and there would be no real consensus after that obvious fact. You have disappointed me mightily.

i wanna be me
05-11-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Number "1" should have been Napoleon Dynamite and there would be no real consensus after that obvious fact. You have disappointed me mightily.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely agree

whiskeytown
05-11-2005, 08:38 PM
nickel/dime NL, huh?

RB