PDA

View Full Version : More Important Baseball Trivia

Voltron87
05-10-2005, 10:11 PM
How many games have the Yankees won in a row?

Answer in white.

<font color="white"> Four </font>

PokerGodess
05-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Obligatory responses:

Trivia: Q- How many games under .500 are the yankees?
A- FOUR
Q- How many games out of first are the yankees?
A- seven point five

Voltron87
05-10-2005, 10:22 PM
So what's the Orioles magic number? 132?

tbach24
05-10-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Obligatory responses:

Trivia: Q- How many games under .500 are the yankees?
A- FOUR
Q- How many games out of first are the yankees?
A- seven point five

[/ QUOTE ]

Best post you've ever made

Voltron87
05-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Come on now with the 7.5. I'm not anywhere close to the most biased Yankee fan here, but if you want to make it sound like the Yankees are going to dog it this year saying they're 15-19 and 7.5 out is just not very convincing after a grand total of 34 games. If (when) the Yankees get going and if (when) Baltimore cool off 7.5 will be nothing. Time is not the issue here. There are other issues with the Yankees which are real and threatening, but not that they're 15-19.

tbach24
05-10-2005, 10:33 PM
7 games now. The 4 game winning streak is impressive, I am going to admit. But what's more important is that the Bosox are 1.5 out and 9-2 in their last 11. So hah.

PokerGodess
05-10-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Come on now with the 7.5. I'm not anywhere close to the most biased Yankee fan here, but if you want to make it sound like the Yankees are going to dog it this year saying they're 15-19 and 7.5 out is just not very convincing after a grand total of 34 games. If (when) the Yankees get going and if (when) Baltimore cool off 7.5 will be nothing. Time is not the issue here. There are other issues with the Yankees which are real and threatening, but not that they're 15-19.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the fact that they are 15-19 and 7.5 back is not relevant because of the sample size then how is their 4 straight wins over two teams with a combined 27-39 record big news?

Someone needs to get your boy Giambi some steroids and fast. He is turning out to be a worse signing than Raul Mondesi.

tbach24
05-10-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone needs to get your boy Giambi some steroids and fast. He is turning out to be a worse signing than Raul Mondesi.

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother claims that they're talking about sending him down to AAA, but signed off too quickly for me to get a link.

Voltron87
05-10-2005, 10:38 PM
They have been 4 good solid games as well.

I am not even looking in the games column. All that matters now is that the team is beginning to play well and pitchers are starting to groove. How many games back a team is is totally inconsequential right now. If the Yankees were 4 games back but not on a great streak and playing well like they are now I would be 10 times more worried than with how we're playing now and 7 games back.

Plus it's 7 back from Baltimore. I don't take them too seriously.

Voltron87
05-10-2005, 10:40 PM
yeah I saw that on ESPN. He's an overpaid steroid taking fuckup. I'm not a fan of Giambi.

PokerGodess
05-10-2005, 10:41 PM
They were talking on WFAN about how there was a meeting between Cashman, Torre, and Giambi scheduled for this afternoon. His options are probably going to be to go on the DL or go down to AAA. The Yankees cant afford to keep him on their bench (especially with Bernie also on their bench,) they need to open up some roster spots.

I can hit the ball to the opposite field, if he could do the same he wouldn't have this problem. I feel embarrassed for him every time he grounds out to first base on a curveball down and away. What a retard.

tbach24
05-10-2005, 10:42 PM
I wouldn't completely count out Baltimore. They have some good pitchers now in Bedard, Chen and Lopez. Also, Cabrera looked VERY good in his last start. Ponson has had a solid start or two this season as well. Their hitting (as we have seen) is one of the best in the league. BJ Ryan is a great closer. Jorge Julio is also a very good setup man. The only problem with this team is that they are still using Steve Kline, who is really bad. I think they'll join the Bosox and Yanks in the race, but will be insanely streaky due to the inexperience of their staff and the nastiness of their hitting.

Jack of Arcades
05-10-2005, 10:52 PM
7 games out isn't insurmountable, but the fact of the matter is they're the 6th best team in a league with four playoff spots.

New001
05-10-2005, 10:55 PM
2 of those wins were shutouts of a team who can't hit.

Jack of Arcades
05-10-2005, 10:58 PM
All 4 were against teams who can't hit.

contentless
05-11-2005, 12:59 AM
JoA is right. Winning 4 against Oakland and Seattle is no different than winning 4 against Tampa Bay. Neither feat is any great accomplishment. This is 2005, not 2001.

pryor15
05-11-2005, 01:11 AM
while being 7 behind baltimore is bad, it's not insurmountable. the problem, though, is they've got a boston team between them and the o's that's missing 40% of it's rotation and staying pretty close to first.

i think they may be able to catch one of them, but not both. if bedard and chen are for real, baltimore could win that division and boston could take the wild card.