PDA

View Full Version : Is It possible to consistently beat 6 max???

Sinnister
05-10-2005, 09:19 PM
I read in a rolf slotboom article that it was impossible to beat shorthanded games in the long run i was wondering if anyone here has success playing those games and if they would be kind enough to make a chart of playable hands from early to late pos. I think this would be one of the most important posts on the forum as shorthanded has room for great profit but not much literature if they are possible to beat consistenly

ThePimpulator
05-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Come on man, make an effort. Jesus.

Heads Up and Short Handed Forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=headsup)

brettbrettr
05-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Felipe?

einbert
05-10-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
impossible to beat shorthanded games in the long run

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, just dumb.

SomethingClever
05-10-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I read in a rolf slotboom article that it was impossible to beat shorthanded games in the long run i was wondering if anyone here has success playing those games and if they would be kind enough to make a chart of playable hands from early to late pos. I think this would be one of the most important posts on the forum as shorthanded has room for great profit but not much literature if they are possible to beat consistenly

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary, 6-max can be easily pwnt.

TStoneMBD
05-10-2005, 11:26 PM
go read the HUSH forums. there are quite a few people there who claim to be beating the games, but only have sample sizes of a few hundred k.

27offsooot
05-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Didn't you see the daily show tonight? They interviewed a gambling counselor. According to him, we're all going to eventually lose what we've won. Duh. No poker game is beatable. The rake is the only winner.

bottomset
05-10-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't you see the daily show tonight? They interviewed a gambling counselor. According to him, we're all going to eventually lose what we've won. Duh. No poker game is beatable. The rake is the only winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? haha

Harv72b
05-10-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
According to him, we're all going to eventually lose what we've won.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of odds do you think he'd lay me on that one?

TStoneMBD
05-10-2005, 11:47 PM
no i didnt see it. ive read 3 threads now that have this daily show special though.

Pokey
05-11-2005, 12:30 AM
Death is the ultimate rake, and the house always wins in the game of life.

DMBFan23
05-11-2005, 12:53 AM
no. please avoid the party 1/2 and 5/10 6max games, they are rock gardens. in fact, I advise all winning 2/4 and 3/6 players to STAY away. in particular, stay away from the 2/4 and 3/6 shorthanded tables at UB. they are also very tight and tough, and there is never 6 to a flop action...

DMBFan23
05-11-2005, 12:54 AM
maybe rolf cant. but, he folds AKs in the SB to an UTG raise

Rolf Slotboom
05-13-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I read in a rolf slotboom article that it was impossible to beat shorthanded games in the long run

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Sinnester,

I have never said that - in fact, I am fairly certain I have never said something that was even remotely close. If in fact you have read that statement, for sure it wasn't in one of my articles. Of course, it is also utter nonsense because lots of players (especially online) make very good money by playing shorthanded - some even play them almost exclusively.

Rolf Slotboom
www.rolfslotboom.com (http://www.rolfslotboom.com)

uw_madtown
05-13-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe rolf cant. but, he folds AKs in the SB to an UTG raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, is Rolf Slotboom really jason_t's pen name? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Bluffoon
05-13-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really? haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap im in trouble i already spent most of it.

Bluffoon
05-13-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no. please avoid the party 1/2 and 5/10 6max games, they are rock gardens. in fact, I advise all winning 2/4 and 3/6 players to STAY away. in particular, stay away from the 2/4 and 3/6 shorthanded tables at UB. they are also very tight and tough, and there is never 6 to a flop action...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm UB eh? Ill be right there.