PDA

View Full Version : 10+1SNG TT in SB

poolshark
05-10-2005, 09:00 PM
So here is a classic dilemma which happens extremely often with the PP 10+1 SNGs.
Level 1 Blinds 10/15
Every one has close to starting stack of 800, but I have 675. Now 5 limpers to me - what is my move and why

Well I made it 100 to go. Folds to Button who calls. The flop is Q98 rainbow, I am first to act. What is my move now?
Absolutely no reads. Button has me covered, I have 575 left, there is 275 in the pot. Button has me covered.

Suggestions on all streets are apreciated. Results to follow.

Sam T.
05-10-2005, 09:15 PM
No raise short of a push is going to clear everyone out, and you do not want to raise a big chunk of your stack and then deal with the nearly inevitable flopped overcards from out of position. (A long way of saying "I limp here.")

Ugly board in the sense that villain probably caught a piece of it, and you're going to have a tough time pushing him off a hand. (If someone is loose enough to call a t100 raise after limping, "caught a piece of it" means he has a gutshot.) That said, I'd bet t150, and pray he's got a pair of sevens. Fold to a raise.

If he calls that, I'd probably shut it down. Sure, he could be an idiot with a jack or A9s, but he may also be on a Q. If the turn is another overcard, I'm done with the hand.

Sam

jgunnip
05-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Insta-limp preflop. Play for set value.

kyro
05-10-2005, 11:33 PM
I either complete PF and hope to hit a set or just push it in right there.