PDA

View Full Version : Sucker with a sucker straight

mperich
05-10-2005, 08:50 PM
All streets I guess. No reads.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

-Mike

Surfbullet
05-10-2005, 09:03 PM
At first I didn't like the flop call, but with the size of the pot it's necessary to chase 9 possibly tainted outs.

I like to raise the turn here. My hand figures to be best and I want as much value as I can get - I can understand waiting for the river though, it'll be virtually impossible for your opponents to fold for 1 more in such a huge pot.

As it stands I cap the river - given SBs pfr and flop 3bet I think 88(or some set) or an overpair is his most likely holding...with 66 being only a small possibility. He'll call with everything we beat, and he can't 5bet us with 66.

Surf

TheMetetron
05-10-2005, 09:30 PM
No way, I see any of your outs being clean enough to justify the flop call. Fold flop IMO.

Surfbullet
05-10-2005, 09:35 PM
I can't see how the 4's are tainted, and A5/AA are the only things that have our ace outs in trouble. I could see maybe a 6 in BBs hand, but doubtful - you could discount your 2 outs a bit but I think it's stil a call.

Surf

TheMetetron
05-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Deuces dont have the Ace outs in trouble? Set doesn't taint the 4, along with 2 pair containing a 4? I'm just really not liking our hand here and we probably need improvement. However, I'm not sure what improvement is going to be the best and you are likely to get yourself into some trouble if you hit, or at best split with an ace.

sy_or_bust
05-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Deuces can split, fours lose big pots to sets, and there isn't even a backdoor flush draw. Fold flop.

Surfbullet
05-10-2005, 09:46 PM
do you think SB raised preflop with a 2? or BB raised the flop with a 2? Because all of our other opponents have folded...

The 2 pair with a 4 is a valid point though, but I think we'd have to assign a % to the possibility that a set/2 pair is out there and discount our outs accordingly. I don't think the % is high enough that this is a fold - the pot is getting to be pretty big. It's definitely close, though.

Surf