PDA

View Full Version : ssh vs getting starte din holdem starting hands

Sinnister
05-10-2005, 08:45 PM
whats up all. Just wanna ask why it is that the starting requirements in getting started in holdem are a bit different than ssh as far as hands like aj-aq suited are reraising hands where in ssh they are calling hands against a raise. I realize this is probably because of small stakes what are everyones thoughts on what guidelines to go by

brazilio
05-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Sometimes I raise small pocket pairs too.

TStoneMBD
05-10-2005, 08:54 PM
i read the book, but its been quite a while so i dont remember the details. however, its been a cliche of the forums that coldcalling is rarely ever good. i used to disagree with it, but now i dont. i rarely cold call, except when out of the small blind or if the pot is going to be multiway and my hand plays well. when a person open raises its a cold day in hell when i will coldcall.

Sinnister
05-10-2005, 08:56 PM
sounds like a solid philosophy ill probably give it a shot what do u do with kq suited agaisnt a raise though do u reraise with it?

TStoneMBD
05-10-2005, 08:59 PM
i am reraising KQo as well if i choose to play it. these hands are especially important to reraise rather than coldcall, because you give your opponent the opportunity to fold ahigh high on the flop or turn. im playing 6max games now, and regularly 3bet KQo probably 80% of the time.

Sinnister
05-10-2005, 09:17 PM
the subject says it all

TStoneMBD
05-10-2005, 09:54 PM
5/10 6max? those guys are horrible! they are much worse than the 3/6 players. there are 70vpips at every table and the majoriy of players at 50vpip.