PDA

View Full Version : More reasons against Anonymous cowards

IrishHand
11-26-2002, 10:59 PM
Normally, I skip over whatever drivel they want to spout, but in this case, I made an exception. I'm sort of glad I did since the posts I read set a nice standard for ignorance and racism. I will be very happy when Anonymous posters will actually have to be accountable for themselves. I'm all about the freedom of speech, but I'm not about the freedom of anonymous slander and defamation.

I shall respond to this four-pack of "anonymous" posts from the Israeli/Palestine thread.

Kust another anti-Semite. You fit right in with the Klansman types of Ryan21. The government is watching you.
Typing 101 would be a good start, or at least take the time to do some basic proofreading in between your mindless attempts at being insulting.
It's interesting that you'd try and label me as anti-Semetic when I never once referred to a religion or a race in my posts. I analyzed the two groups (Israeli and Palestinian) from a political and moral perspective. Frankly, I couldn't care less about their ethnic or religious backgrounds, since I consider neither a justification of or defense to policies I oppose.
I know the government is watching me - I work for them.

Did you beg Mason to allow you to start with anti-Semitic dogma again? Or did you blackmail him?
Nope. Never met the man - although I've read some of his books and think he's a good writer. Not sure what you're referring to with the 'again' - I was only referred to this site a week ago by a friend. Refer to previous response for laughability of your anti-Semetic comment, which I will otherwise be kind enough to ignore.

Still donating to terrorist "charities?"
I don't donate money to charities. I donated the next nine years of my life to serving my nation, so I figure I'm justified in using my wages to pay off student loans free of guilt. Plus, even if I was to donate money, it would just be to my college basketball team. They don't even communicate well on defense, I tend to doubt they have the wherewithal to coordinate a terrorist activity.

Almost every government agency considers you a national security risk, and a racist pig.
Now that's just wrong - I got my high level security clearance months ago after an extremely extensive background check. The Department of Defense and the FBI both seem to feel I'm a very low security risk - I don't imagine they'd let me fly a 40 million dollar plane and go on bombing runs over foreign soil otherwise. I'm also pretty confident they don't think I'm racist, but I'll ask my commanding officer tomorrow just to be sure. I'll get back to you on that one.

Regards,
Irish

11-27-2002, 04:14 PM
Hi Irish Hand,
None of these comments are mine. Just so you know. I don't side with these nut cases either.

IrishHand
11-27-2002, 06:56 PM
Sorry - I don't differentiate between different people who want to hide behind a computer screen rather than have even the most minor level of accountability.

In yet another moment of boredom, I shall respond to the latest round of anonymously-generated laughers. What amuses me as much as anything is that none of the things this sad individual rants about have anything to do with the matters being discussed in the other thread. No need to worry though - I've no doubt he will explore that sort of thing with his therapist on Friday. (I understand that his court-ordered weekly session was moved from Thursday morning due to the holiday.)

I'll be especially nice in my responses and assume

Irishhand is a raging anti-Semite in favor of suicide bombing,and has blamed the USA for 9-11.
(a) I don't have any real opinion about Jews either as a race or a religion. I honestly don't know enough of them or enough about them to have formed a strong opinion about them one way or the other. For this reason, I have restricted my commentary to the actions of the Israeli nation and government. Apparently, you are unable to see the difference between an opposition to a government's policies and an irrational prejudice against a race or religion (not sure which anti-semitism is).
(b) I'm not in favor of suicide bombing. I've written repeatedly that I think it's completely wrong. I also think it's wrong to use vastly superior military power to intentionally murder civilians in an effort to discourage suicide bombers. For that matter, I think it's wrong for a bunch of morons to fly planes into my buildings. That doesn't mean I don't have the intelligence to understand why they did these things. Apparently, you are unable to see the difference between understanding something and agreeing with it. (Likewise, it's rational to assume you think I'm a complete Nazi because I've read a pile of books on the Second World War.)
(c) The USA is partially responsible for the 9/11, at least indirectly. To think otherwise is ludicrous. Middle Eastern terrorists have been targetting the US for decades due to our foreign policy in the region. Our intelligence services were perfectly aware of the existence of many terrorist groups, were perfectly aware of their intentions to kill Americans, and the reasons for those intentions. I can guarantee you that if we (1) didn't have military bases in the Middle East, (2) didn't funnel money and arms into Israel, and (3) didn't strong-arm Middle Eastern politics constantly in order to ensure a plentiful flow of black gold, then Middle Eastern terrorists wouldn't have flown our planes into our buildings...or attacked the embassy...or attacked our warship. Does this mean that it's the US's fault? No - somebody else made a decision to intentionally kill hundreds of Americans to send a message. That's wrong, but again - it's not like an intelligent person can't understand why they did it, and also accept that our country's foreign policies played a significant role in bringing it about.

His blatant racial slurs caused him to hide behind a new moniker.
I've been online for over 10 years, and I've only used one name ever - IrishHand. More importantly - how about you show me one "blatant racial slur" that I've written. Sadly, hollow accusations appear to be par for the course for Anonymous posters.

Between the anti-Black posts
I'm sure it completely escaped you that I was among those mocking the simpleton who started that thread.

and the latest anti-Semitic garbage
I've read every post associated with my Israel/Palestine thread, and other than your constant haranguing, I see no evidence of anti-Semitism. What I see is a bunch of seemingly intelligent and expressive individuals sharing opinions and facts about a matter, periodically interrupted by a ranting coward who contributes nothing to the discussion other than a pile of conclusory assertions. (E-mail me if some of the words I use are too big for you and I'll explain them using smaller words - I have a lot of experience communicating with children.)

the KKK forum would be a better name for it
I was unaware that the KKK were such big fans of discussing movies, politics and poker (among other things) in an open, positive, and generally diplomatic manner. I may have to look into them based on your recommendation.

MM wholeheartedly supports it.
Seems to me that the MMMMM character is opposed to many of my views on this topic, but I could be mistaken.

Anyone that believes that Arafat, Fatah, and the Al Asq Brigades truly represent the Palestinian people
I've read every post associated with my Israel/Palestine thread, and other than your constant haranguing, I see no evidence of anyone saying anything like that. In fact, I don't recall any references to "Fatah" or "Al Asq Brigades". I think maybe you confused this site with your bookmarked KKK sites that you referred to earlier.

that suicide bombing is an acceptable peace initiative is insane
I've read every post associated with my Israel/Palestine thread, and other than your constant haranguing, I see no evidence of anyone saying anything like that. Personally, I'm quite sure that I never said anything positive about suicide bombings, nor did I ever refer to "peace initiatives." I could care less how the Israelis and Palestinians sort out their differences - I just don't feel that my tax dollars should be wholeheartedly supporting one side when both have acted innappropriately.

Irish

11-28-2002, 06:56 AM
It's probably Chris ALger, but you are an anonymous coward by using the moniker.