loose passive
05-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Poker Stars $10+1

Level IV (50/100)

Seat 3: Player 1 (2325 in chips)
Seat 5: Player 2 (855 in chips)
Seat 7: Hero (9620 in chips)
Seat 8: Player 3 (700 in chips)

Should I just push every hand unless player 1 beats me to the punch?

wiggs73
05-10-2005, 08:08 PM
no.

loose passive
05-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Can you expand on this answer?

pergesu
05-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Absolutely. These players will all be so scared of busting that they'll only call with premium hands. Maybe one of them will get annoyed and call with Ax at some point. But you're going to get the blinds the vast majority of the time. Might want to hold off when Player 1 is in the BB though, because you'd be risking a lot more BB than you'd really like to.

Plug this into eastbay's program, but I can't imagine it not being +EV to push any two, especially against the baby stacks.

It's probably better to steal a couple times here, and wait until the next level (100/200 on Party, dont' know about Stars) before really going crazy. You pick up a lot more in blinds, and you preserve your FE for a bit later when it helps more.

Anyway, let these guys know that if they want to play a hand, they have to put their tourney on the line.

loose passive
05-10-2005, 08:26 PM
That was my line of thinking. I wanted to keep the small stacks around and eat away at the 2nd stack's chips. The two small stacks are going to just wait until they blind out or someone else busts. The funny thing was that the 2nd stack got busted on the bubble with AK so the 2 small stacks made the money.

durron597
05-10-2005, 08:30 PM
I probably wouldn't push every hand in level 4, but I probably would in level 5 and definitely would in level 6 if it's still the bubble. Blinds are still a touch too small. Also I would not call an allin without a reasonable holding (from any seat).

I am definitely pushing every hand where the medium stack is the BB, even in level 4.

beeyjay
05-10-2005, 08:59 PM
u want those small stacks sticking around until you wittle the big stack down to their level but at a 10+1 level this ultra aggressive bubble strategy is nowhere near as effective as at higher levels.

Blarg
05-10-2005, 09:06 PM
This seems like a kind of ideal situation to slip in some big bets that are less than pushes, too. They'll have the same effect, but make it look like you aren't just pushing anything, and also maybe even want some calls. Which can get you more folds both now and later.

Sam T.
05-10-2005, 09:20 PM
You're in great shape for first, but I'd see if I can grind down the second stack a little before the bubble bursts. Fold when their in the blinds, and raise when second stack is.

Sam