PDA

View Full Version : Who should I watch and learn from?

A_C_Slater
05-10-2005, 07:02 PM
If anyone could tell me who to sweat in the Party 15/30 or 30/60 games I would appreciate it.

I hear that EZMILLIONS is as solid as they come in the Party 30/60. Is this right?

scott8
05-10-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I hear that EZMILLIONS is as solid as they come in the Party 30/60. Is this right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

A_C_Slater
05-10-2005, 07:06 PM
I recall seeing a thread posted here a few months ago that stated as much. Who do you recommend I watch then?

helpmeout
05-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Watch your own game instead.

James282
05-10-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

You play this game scott? Who's your nominee?
-James

bicyclekick
05-10-2005, 07:37 PM
You can't really sweat enough without knowing their cards.

A_C_Slater
05-10-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see showdowns. It certainly wouldn't hurt my game to watch.

A_C_Slater
05-10-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Watch your own game instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. But why not do both?

helpmeout
05-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Unless someone is telling you why they are doing something its pretty useless.

bicyclekick
05-10-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But it would be a general waste of time.

mach3
05-10-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the forums EZMILLIONS.

LOL - j/k.

A_C_Slater
05-10-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless someone is telling you why they are doing something its pretty useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I can watch the hand play out. See a showdown and then post and ask questions about it here . That's what this place is for right?

For example, this is a play I saw EZMILLIONS make that I would not, and was curious as to the thought process behind it--- Party Poker $30/60

3 folds, EZ open raises in MP1 with T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, folded to CO who 3bets, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, EZ calls.

(7.5 SB)
2 players ---FLOP: 533r

EZ bets, Button calls.

(4.5 BB)
2 players--- TURN: 533K

EZ checks, CO checks.

(4.5 BB)
2 players ----RIVER: 533KK

EZ checks, CO checks.

Steve Giufre
05-10-2005, 09:24 PM
He is real good. My advice would be to start making friends with people who play better than you and start breaking thier balls unmercifully. I think its by far the best way to improve. Sweating a guy when you can only see his cards at a showdown, without any explaination of his thought process seems like a waste of time.

scott8
05-10-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I play this game and I have no nominee. However, I do know that EZMillions is not "as solid as they come" IMHO.
-SC

bicyclekick
05-10-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I play this game and I have no nominee. However, I do know that EZMillions is not "as solid as they come" IMHO.
-SC

[/ QUOTE ]

I havne't played with him much in awhile, but when I used to I thought he was def one of the best.

Nikla
05-11-2005, 01:17 AM
ezmillions is def. one of the best players in this game.

scott8
05-11-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, why?

NLSoldier
05-11-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he pwns lots of n00bs and wins lots of monies.

DcifrThs
05-11-2005, 02:03 AM
this one is ez...

he saw a bunch of tighties behind him and probably a tighter game.

he opened light to steal the blinds. CO cold called.

on a totally dry 533 or whatever board he bet the flop b/c that bet was laying him good odds if the guy cold called w/ QTs or something to take it down there.

the K didnt really change anything and it looks like the CO is calling it down. so ez refuses to put another bet out there since given the flop call the turn bet is more expensive relative to pot odds and more expensive relative to effectiveness. however, it could be argued that a turn bet is necessary because there are a TON of hands EZ could raise w/ here that hit the king. in fact, given the previous streets play, i'd bet that turn and expect a fold. in the 30 game you need to follow through with those bluffs on the turn. especially w/ a scare card like the K...but if its against a caller its -EV. either way im sure the turn bet was likely close.

K changes nothing on the river.

a high probably wins.

-Barron

NLSoldier
05-11-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this one is ez...

on a totally dry 533 or whatever board he bet the flop b/c that bet was laying him good odds if the guy cold called w/ QTs or something to take it down there.

the K didnt really change anything and it looks like the CO is calling it down. so ez refuses to put another bet out there since given the flop call the turn bet is more expensive relative to pot odds and more expensive relative to effectiveness. however, it could be argued that a turn bet is necessary because there are a TON of hands EZ could raise w/ here that hit the king. in fact, given the previous streets play, i'd bet that turn and expect a fold. in the 30 game you need to follow through with those bluffs on the turn. especially w/ a scare card like the K...but if its against a caller its -EV. either way im sure the turn bet was likely close.

a high probably wins.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

CO 3 bet...

Steve Giufre
05-11-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this one is ez...

a high probably wins.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

CO 3 bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

So what was the action? I really doubt EZ is leading at that flop with 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif if he was three bet by the cutoff. Its way too dry and he will get called or raised everytime, and he knows this.

NLSoldier
05-11-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this one is ez...

a high probably wins.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

CO 3 bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

So what was the action?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
3 folds, EZ open raises in MP1 with T 9 , folded to CO who 3bets, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, EZ calls.

(7.5 SB)
2 players ---FLOP: 533r

EZ bets, Button calls.

(4.5 BB)
2 players--- TURN: 533K

EZ checks, CO checks.

(4.5 BB)
2 players ----RIVER: 533KK

EZ checks, CO checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I really doubt EZ is leading at that flop with 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif if he was three bet by the cutoff. Its way too dry and he will get called or raised everytime, and he knows this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe thats why AC showed it as an example of a hand he thought EZ played poorly?

stigmata
05-11-2005, 07:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But it would be a general waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy the 30/60 databases from pokerhandhistories, look at a good players stats, sort all there hands by those that went to showdown. Bingo, instant & quick sweating.

Of course, this does have a bias for the hands were our hero was the favourite, rather than the hands were he made a good turn laydown or whatever. However, it could be a useful learning exercise.

helpmeout
05-11-2005, 08:26 AM
You are playing low limits, watching and analyzing games 10 times bigger than the ones you play in is a complete waste of time.

These games arent even close to the ones you are playing, the plays made in these games will be incorrect in lower limit games.

Learn the basics, this is all you need to beat the lower games.

sfer
05-11-2005, 09:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

-SC

[/ QUOTE ]

He's solid for a bot.

B Dids
05-11-2005, 10:54 AM
To me, you don't learn much from watching, you learn from understanding how other players think. Assuming that you're not watching while you're playing (which frankly- I think would be a bad idea) your non-playing time can probably be better spent talking to other poker players and learning from them.

flub
05-11-2005, 11:43 AM
I'd watch ezmillions, tosmooth, socuties, or i_like_beers.

Apparently everyone on these boards thinks everyone else sucks, but these ppl are definitely winners. Well, no one will prob say ilikebeers sucks.

Watching them can be benificial to some extent I'm sure, but I don't know how much. I certainly doubt it would hurt. Make sure you'll also watching the others at the table so hopefully know what your hero thinks of them.

-f

AceHigh
05-11-2005, 12:18 PM
I think it's been pretty well documented that DERB is a big winner in the 30/60 game, so I would watch him. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JeffO
05-11-2005, 12:21 PM
I thought it might be interesting to look at this hand from the CO point of view. Obviously I was the CO. I know EZ is very aggressive and can be open raising a wide range of hands from MP1, I 3 bet. Now when he led the flop I put him on a medium pocket pair, 99, 88. I had two overs and a backdoor flush so I payed to see 1 more. If it wasn't an ace a jack or a spade I'm done. When the K came on the turn if EZ leads I'm done. But the King was also a big scare card for him. I would imagine if the turn card wasn't an ace or king EZ would have fired again and won the pot.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB

FWIW EZ is one of the better high limit party players out there. IMHO

Sully
05-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Would you have considered calling a river bet here? After the turn check, how convinced are you that he has a middle pair?

lil feller
05-11-2005, 02:36 PM
This is like the third post in the last 4 or 5 days asking the exact same question...

lf

JeffO
05-11-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you have considered calling a river bet here? After the turn check, how convinced are you that he has a middle pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

With 2 pair on board I'm calling a river bet with my ace. If the king doesn't pair on the river and he leads I think I'd have to give it up.