PDA

View Full Version : you guys and your empire paranoia crack me up

bicyclekick
05-10-2005, 06:44 PM
OMG OMG OMG I played for a bonus am I going to get banned...as if it was the end of the world. They're banning the people who just play for a bonus...of which empire can't be that important to them or they would play more. Don't just play for the bonus and you'll be fine. It's not that hard.

The world is not crashing down. Your money is safe. Relax.

Freudian
05-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Shill!

Lawrence Ng
05-10-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OMG OMG OMG I played for a bonus am I going to get banned...as if it was the end of the world. They're banning the people who just play for a bonus...of which empire can't be that important to them or they would play more. Don't just play for the bonus and you'll be fine. It's not that hard.

The world is not crashing down. Your money is safe. Relax.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Lawrence

Subby
05-10-2005, 07:15 PM
I tend to agree with you, but we all started somewhere and most guys and gals kicking off their poker careers need bonuses to fall back on as they learn how to play. It's guaranteed income for when things start going donkish. Bonuses are the guaranteed income for the commission-only salesperson having a shite month.

Unless you are a honest-to-god prodigy, bonuses matter early on...

Rah
05-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Unless you are playing 3/6 or above, or is a breakeven player, bonuses have a huge impact on poker earnings. Also, they give new players the BR to try out larger games.
Empire is one of few solid reload sites, being banned there is a lot more critical for many players than you seem to believe.

Petomane
05-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah, but why are they closing down their accounts instead of just denying them bonuses? That makes no sense.
I play mainly at Empire, but only bonus whore at Party. So being paranoid, today I deposited at Party & will play there an hour a day in case they pull the same caper.

evilganz
05-10-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but why are they closing down their accounts instead of just denying them bonuses? That makes no sense.
/quote]

Sure it does. It's probably easier for them to close the accounts entirely than to figure out how to block them from bonuses. From their point of view, it's not even costing them money to do it.

stabn
05-10-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it does. It's probably easier for them to close the accounts entirely than to figure out how to block them from bonuses. From their point of view, it's not even costing them money to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is costing them CS time, which i'm sure they realize. I'm sure they believe it is +EV compared to all the software and mailing list changes they'd have to do to make people ineligable for bonii.

AncientPC
05-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Not to mention, people who only bonus whore there probably won't play there anyway if they're not allowed to participate in reloads.

SinCityGuy
05-10-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless you are playing 3/6 or above, or is a breakeven player, bonuses have a huge impact on poker earnings. Also, they give new players the BR to try out larger games.
Empire is one of few solid reload sites, being banned there is a lot more critical for many players than you seem to believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be true, but Empire Poker is not a public service organization. They certainly have no obligation to help breakeven grinders subsist through bonus money.

peregrine
05-10-2005, 10:51 PM
However, they can lose money by banning some people. If they were to first inform people they run the risk of being banned, many would choose to play more to avoid that. The current banning will have that effect on those not banned, but they could have also made money from some of those already banned.

Piers
05-10-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It is costing them CS time, which i'm sure they realize. I'm sure they believe it is +EV compared to all the software and mailing list changes they'd have to do to make people ineligable for bonii.

[/ QUOTE ]

… and the people trying to minimise bonus payments are not necessarily the same as the ones trying to maximise rake revenue.

Freudian
05-10-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, they can lose money by banning some people. If they were to first inform people they run the risk of being banned, many would choose to play more to avoid that. The current banning will have that effect on those not banned, but they could have also made money from some of those already banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

But on the other hand a lot of unbanned bonuswhores stay away from bonuses, so I guess it evens out.

Shoe
05-11-2005, 12:16 AM
I plan to play there more now... hopefully i'll get bumped to VIP within the next month, then I will really start playing (i can't wait to be a royal flush member! /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Sorry you got pwn3d by Empire.

TheNoodleMan
05-11-2005, 12:22 AM
hey, If you're gonna be a whore, don't be shocked when you get treated like one.

mosquito
05-11-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hey, If you're gonna be a whore, don't be shocked when you get treated like one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Synergistic Explosions
05-11-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you treat your whores?

Brainwalter
05-11-2005, 08:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, don't be surprised when Empire shoots it in your eye.

Rah
05-11-2005, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be true, but Empire Poker is not a public service organization. They certainly have no obligation to help breakeven grinders subsist through bonus money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'm not reacting to Empire's actions, I'm reacting to the OPs attitude against lowlimit players.